axle fine, but suspension making wheel out of place

chill

i have a 99' TJ with a 4inch teraflex suspension lift on it. i rolled it and now the rear wheels are out of alignment. the right rear tire is going bald very quickly on the inside and i am wondering what i need to fix. i have had a few different people look at and into the rear-end to no avail. they say it's fine. does anyone know a shop i can take my jeep to in the durham/chapel hill area that has a frame machine?

chill said:
i have a 99' TJ with a 4inch teraflex suspension lift on it. i rolled it and now the rear wheels are out of alignment. the right rear tire is going bald very quickly on the inside and i am wondering what i need to fix. i have had a few different people look at and into the rear-end to no avail. they say it's fine. does anyone know a shop i can take my jeep to in the durham/chapel hill area that has a frame machine?

If your wearing a single rear on one side you have a tweaked housing.

If you are still running a Dana35 - just find someone that is giving one away or selling one cheap. See if that doesnt solve the problem.

Seth

Yea, if it's wearing out one rear tire it is a bent axle housing. Sounds like time to upgrade.

chill said:

Any Alignment shop can check it even if you frame is tweaked you can still get it aligned. you axles tube is most likely bent.

Back