Awesome CrockPot Recipes you guys like...

Cherokeekid88

So, I am in love with crockpot foods....let it cook all day get home and BOOM! dinner. problem is, it seems I am cooking the same things over and over.... ribs, pulled pork, and roasts....I just printed a recipe for loaded potato soup that I can gonna make this week, but I want some other ideas....Chili would bo good, but I need a good chili recipe....something that tastes along the lines of wendys chili. Also would like some good soups or stews that are pretty inexpensive to make....just tell me your favorite crock pot recipes...I need some ideas.

My chili is made in the crock-pot and I think it tastes a lot like Wendy's. What I start out with is a pound of ground beef that has been browned and drained. I add a packet of taco seasoning mix, about a cup or so of salsa, a can of kidney beans and a can of black beans if I have them around. let that cook on high in the crock pot for a couple of hours for the flavors to blend and give it a taste every once in a while. May need to add some Franks if you need some more heat, but it's pretty simple. To give it more of the Wendy's "feel", I sometimes will substitute the lb. of ground beef with four 1/4 lb. hamburger patties that I've cooked up and cut up into chunks. I usually have ground beef that we've pre-browned for convenience and I'm too lazy to fry up burgers when I'm hungry for chili...

I found a recipe for White Bean Chicken Chili that we make in the crock-pot, too that's REALLY good. We also make Taco Soup, baked potatoes, pulled pork BBQ and Chicken Torilla Soup in it as well. Feeding 6 people with as busy as a schedule as we have, I LOVE the crock-pot. I can set it up in the morning and forget it until after the school run when I make bread or cut up salad or whatever needs doing. We use the crock pot for cooking up batches of beans too.

For convenience, also - we make our own chicken and beef stock from left-overs and freeze it in bulk. We also process up batches of shredded chicken, browned ground beef, kidney beans, white beans, pinto beans and black beans. I have everything stored in one of two large deep freezers so I can go "grocery shopping" for meals in the back yard (outbuilding where the freezers are). We also have two refridgerator/freezers in the kitchen for day-to-day eating. As my wife calls it, we "Eat like we are rich, but we shop like we are poor."

beef tips and cream of mushroom, venison and cream of mushroom, well any type of edible meat cream of mushroom on top of rice or instant mash potatoes, and you my friend have something different

One of my favorites is a beef roast with a jar of pepperoncinis and a little Italian seasoning. Cook on low for 8-10 hrs, shred it and pile it on some hoagie rolls with the cheese of your choice and toast it in the oven for a few minutes. Incredible Italian beef sandwiches!

As a single man that works a lot of long hours I learn to love my crock pot more each day. I throw everything together the night before and keep it in the fridge, just set it out and turn it on low on my way out the door. Supper is always warm no matter when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just tried a differnt pulled pork last night.
2 peeled onions quartered in the bottom of the pot
Salt and cracked peppered 4lb+/- pork shoulder well, put ontop onions
1 can 7.5 oz. Chipotle peppers in adobe sauce poured ontop ( I removed most of the seeds and chopped rough, I like jalapinos? they don't like me :eek: )
2 cans of Dr Pepper.
4 Tbls packed Brn sug. stirred into liquid in pot
I cooked it at 300 in a covered cast iron pot in the oven, 6 hrs, turning meat 2 times, third time 4+ hrs it fell apart.
6 1/2 hrs removed meat and spooned off all the fat I could, returned meat to pot and left on stove till suppertime.

Ate it w some coleslaw that helped tame the heat nicely.
It was pretty tasty/spicy and way differnt than our typical BBQ crockpot pulled pork, I think it would make an awesome taco/burrito stuffin or topping for homeaide nachos too. The recipe called for baking but I'm sure it would work well in the crockpot too.

Back