anyplace sell tre's and inserts over the counter?

paulevans76

looking to find a place w/in , say, 30 miles of greenville I can walk in and say 'hey i need a chevy and a ford tre and inserts.' would a dealership sell these peices or would I have to find a shop, or will autozone be able to get them? I need some steering stuff to finish my junk next week and I dont want to order over the net if possible.

gracias

Paul

I got my chevy TRE's at autozone. What inserts are you looking for?

cool. i need a chevy tre insert for 1" ID and a ford tre and insert for 1" ID (the ford one will work in my stock isuzu pitman).

Not sure if they have the inserts. Not really sure what you are talking about either. LOL. Where do the inserts go?

spraypaintman said:
Not sure if they have the inserts. Not really sure what you are talking about either. LOL. Where do the inserts go?

I'm guessing an insert like you'd weld into a piece of tube so you could screw the TRE into it...

Greg

thanks for the knowledge

bigwaylon said:
I'm guessing an insert like you'd weld into a piece of tube so you could screw the TRE into it...
Greg

Yeah, I guess I know them as tube adapters. Makes sense...Link inserts...

TREs can be had at any auto parts store. I carry inserts/jamnuts/tre's and tube and everything else - open everyday.

Back