Anyone take AG1 or something similar?

Cherokeekid88

My wife is looking for a better way to get all the vitamins and probiotics she needs without having to take a bunch of different supplements. We been seeing alot about AG1 which is a powder you put in water and drink. We watch a couple people on youtube that use it. Wondering if anyone here uses it or something similar. I know its a bit pricey, but if it works, I'm all for it.

Prenatal vitamins is what a doc gave me years ago. I was in Afghanistan and I mentioned something about taking a multivitamin. He tossed me a giant bottle of prenatals. Said they have everything you need and you end up pissing most of a supplement out anyway.

I use a meal shake, Huel. 3 two scoop shakes a day and I don't need to eat solid food. I've gone about 2.5 days with just this to "eat" driving OTR.

You can mix it in with a shake or yogurt and blend it. I usually just drink it straight with water or throw in a canned coffee. Slated Caramel and Vanilla are my safe bets. Keeps you "stated" if you're looking for apatite control.

My wife is looking for a better way to get all the vitamins and probiotics she needs without having to take a bunch of different supplements. We been seeing alot about AG1 which is a powder you put in water and drink. We watch a couple people on youtube that use it. Wondering if anyone here uses it or something similar. I know its a bit pricey, but if it works, I'm all for it.
What all vitamins and probiotics does she need and according to who?

9994aaac-e3c0-4699-845a-bdaf2ec8c70a_text.gif

What all vitamins and probiotics does she need and according to who?
Probiotics (if you are asking what strains, I can't remember but if I saw it, I'd know. I think there are 2 specific strains) Zinc, Magnesium, Vitamin D, I cant remember the others one off the top of my head. She has an auto immune disease, and this is according to her GI doctor, but a lot of this stuff is by research because her doctor doesn't seem to offer knowledge on any natural things unless she asks about them. The thing I am trying to get my wife on board with is changing her (our) diet and exercising more often and sticking with it, but I keep hearing about this AG1 and basically has everything in it that she needs.

Prenatal vitamins is what a doc gave me years ago. I was in Afghanistan and I mentioned something about taking a multivitamin. He tossed me a giant bottle of prenatals. Said they have everything you need and you end up pissing most of a supplement out anyway.
I thought about this. Seems though I read something about not taking them when you aren't trying to get pregnant for women, but can't remember exactly what it was.

What is it about April, anyway?

Did you watch Fed Up yet?

What is it about April, anyway?

Chapter 8. It on spotify if you're premium

AG1 has some marginally deceptive marketing practices. While they may say the list of ingredients is huge, the concentrations of some just to make it on the label are so low, they aren’t supplemental.

Also look into some of the fungal biome in terms of strains to ingest for health benefits. Check out the work of Paul Stamets @ UCSD.

He has a ton of open data and peer reviewed double blind clinical studies related to this conversation.

May also need to do cheek swab test to see if she needs methylated vitamins for supplementation vs traditional.

There is a genetic mutation that a considerable portion of the population would see much better benefits of methylated vitamin vs not.

I’m not an expert, just regurgitating some info I’ve heard.

AG1 has some marginally deceptive marketing practices. While they may say the list of ingredients is huge, the concentrations of some just to make it on the label are so low, they aren’t supplemental.

Also look into some of the fungal biome in terms of strains to ingest for health benefits. Check out the work of Paul Stamets @ UCSD.

He has a ton of open data and peer reviewed double blind clinical studies related to this conversation.

May also need to do cheek swab test to see if she needs methylated vitamins for supplementation vs traditional.

There is a genetic mutation that a considerable portion of the population would see much better benefits of methylated vitamin vs not.

I’m not an expert, just regurgitating some info I’ve heard.
Ag1 has a pretty sketchy past.
They went bankrupt…robbed/scammed a bunch of folks. Got an angel investor and are viral marketing experts..,even convincing some notably scrutinizing “experts” in Huberman and Attia to endorse them …

Largely flavored water

Pills are easier

Ag1 has a pretty sketchy past.
They went bankrupt…robbed/scammed a bunch of folks. Got an angel investor and are viral marketing experts..,even convincing some notably scrutinizing “experts” in Huberman and Attia to endorse them …

Largely flavored water
I've heard something similar to this. Just looking for an easier way for my wife to her vitamins and supplements. I mainly want something that is going to aid in gut health. I have been looking at this company Heart and Soil and they use beef organs in pill form, which I don't know much about but have read several people with IBD that has really helped with...I am trying to steer my wife into a more "natural" way of eating and what she takes and just us having more of an active lifestyle. Our life is pretty busy as it is now, but I want to take time for our health.

What of the things from last year's thread have you incorporated into your daily routine?

Are you aware of the links between IBS and processed foods and lack of exercise?

I've heard something similar to this. Just looking for an easier way for my wife to her vitamins and supplements. I mainly want something that is going to aid in gut health. I have been looking at this company Heart and Soil and they use beef organs in pill form, which I don't know much about but have read several people with IBD that has really helped with...I am trying to steer my wife into a more "natural" way of eating and what she takes and just us having more of an active lifestyle. Our life is pretty busy as it is now, but I want to take time for our health.
“The right things always the hardest thing to do”

It’s a bit ironic to say - more natural way of getting vitamins…you know like taking a pill.

So much of the benefit is in the branch chains and bonds. When you dehydrate and process the vitamins…suddenly they don’t have the same impact.

So much of the benefit is in the branch chains and bonds. When you dehydrate and process the vitamins…suddenly they don’t have the same impact.
Not to mention that the elements in a multivitamin counteract one another

Gut health can mean different things for different people and is very complex

Prebiotic’s, probiotics, some are water soluble some are fat soluble, some are short duration, some are long duration etc.

Different mechanisms and directions for different goals.

As well as because of diversity of the gut biome from person to person, what works for one may not for another.

Vitamins and minerals are another complex one largely dependent upon deficiency in one or multiple.

Same thing, different avenue for differing goals.

Even changing your diet and exercise changes the gut biome, and can take weeks/months before some version of the new stasis is reached.

Hard to tell what’s helping/potentially harming if a whole lot is changed/added/modified at same time.

Additionally so much biodiversity and individuality, be careful with blanket/ wide brush advice.

Ex: I have a cheese allergy. It is not a lactose intolerance. I tolerate lactose fine. There is another enzyme in milk that I’m allergic to.

I can drink whole milk, but 2% makes me want to vomit. The only cheeses I can eat is mozzarella and Parmesan. Most sauces with a heavy cream reduction I cannot eat.

My point, I have to be very selective with the brand of yogurt I can eat/tolerate. This is due to the wide array of enzymes and ingredients in yogurt with fat soluble pre/probiotics.

Just wanted to give my example in regards to using a wide brush/big generalization of recommended things.

Here's a nearly guaranteed approach to what you are wanting to accomplish.
1- eat a single ingredient, whole food diet. Eat meat, chicken, veggies, fruit, etc. Just single ingredient. This will eleminate processed foods, which cause inflammation, which is a leading cause of IBS and other gut issues as well as joint pain and fatigue.
2- move. Go for a walk, park at the end of the grocery store lot, push mow the grass. Encourage others to join in. In the same manner you are intentional about being at work on time, brushing your teeth, etc, be intentional with this as well.
3- for God's sake, watch Fed Up and find practical application for your own life.

Last edited:
What of the things from last year's thread have you incorporated into your daily routine?

Are you aware of the links between IBS and processed foods and lack of exercise?
No dairy, cooking more lean protein (chicken, fish) walking, quit soda, quit alcohol (for the most part. We will have a few drinks when we go over to friends houses and stuff)

The processed food and the exercise is where I am at right now and trying to convey to her that it will help her tremendously.

Gut health can mean different things for different people and is very complex

Prebiotic’s, probiotics, some are water soluble some are fat soluble, some are short duration, some are long duration etc.

Different mechanisms and directions for different goals.

As well as because of diversity of the gut biome from person to person, what works for one may not for another.

Vitamins and minerals are another complex one largely dependent upon deficiency in one or multiple.

Same thing, different avenue for differing goals.

Even changing your diet and exercise changes the gut biome, and can take weeks/months before some version of the new stasis is reached.

Hard to tell what’s helping/potentially harming if a whole lot is changed/added/modified at same time.

Additionally so much biodiversity and individuality, be careful with blanket/ wide brush advice.

Ex: I have a cheese allergy. It is not a lactose intolerance. I tolerate lactose fine. There is another enzyme in milk that I’m allergic to.

I can drink whole milk, but 2% makes me want to vomit. The only cheeses I can eat is mozzarella and Parmesan. Most sauces with a heavy cream reduction I cannot eat.

My point, I have to be very selective with the brand of yogurt I can eat/tolerate. This is due to the wide array of enzymes and ingredients in yogurt with fat soluble pre/probiotics.

Just wanted to give my example in regards to using a wide brush/big generalization of recommended things.
My wife is allergic to milk casein. milk is a no go, cheese is a no go, but things like chocolate don't bother her at all. Things cooked with butter doesn't seem to bother her, but no butter on her pancakes. But she does almond/oat milk with coffee, which is another can of worms because the caffeine sometimes is an issue but not all the time. So I am making the switch to decaf and half caffeine for her and I.
Her biggest issue honestly (and she would kill me if she knew I said this) is laziness. She is not a lazy person in general, but when it comes to eating, she will more than likely do this " I could pack my lunch and make it healthy, or I could go to Cava and spend $14 for lunch or I could go to Chickfila and spend $9". Typically, its the ladder. For her, its self discipline that she is struggling with.

So I am trying only keep good stuff in the house. My daughter loves Taco Tuesday, so we have started incorporating fish instead of ground beef and just trying to change little things here and there because I know its not easy, but I want her to have this fire under her to WANT to change and say "I'm gonna change and Im not going back" but It seems when I bring it up, it just strikes a nerve.

She has recently gotten on a smoothie kick, which i am glad, but I am sure the sugar in those is probably alot, but I guess its better than fast food. I bought her some stuff to make smoothies at home which she has been doing for the last 2 days. She has always been strong willed and while she doesn't eat terribly bad, Exercising has always been a sensitive subject for me to bring up.

Has her GI doctor suggested she try an elimination diet or low FODMAP diet? Basically IBS 101, foods that are more likely to ferment and cause gas should be avoided for a time to see if it helps and then individual foods can be added back to pinpoint triggers.

Listen, real talk time. Being 'strong willed' to your own detriment shows a lack of maturity. If there are complaints but things never change, I'm not sure what you can do. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Other than what you've shared here in various places, I don't know y'all from Adam's house cat... but do you think maybe there's a little bit of... victim mentality; or lack of self-control; or psychological trauma and stress from earlier in life... that is contributing to these health issues that needs to be dealt with?

My wife is allergic to milk casein. milk is a no go, cheese is a no go,
Have you tried raw milk? curious i know others that have had no problems with raw milk only pasturized.

Also what is wrong with ground beef, i would try and get beef from a farm "grass fed". its not much more and has the right omega fats. Farm raised fish screams nasty conditions to me.

Last edited:
Has her GI doctor suggested she try an elimination diet or low FODMAP diet? Basically IBS 101, foods that are more likely to ferment and cause gas should be avoided for a time to see if it helps and then individual foods can be added back to pinpoint triggers.

Listen, real talk time. Being 'strong willed' to your own detriment shows a lack of maturity. If there are complaints but things never change, I'm not sure what you can do. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Other than what you've shared here in various places, I don't know y'all from Adam's house cat... but do you think maybe there's a little bit of... victim mentality; or lack of self-control; or psychological trauma and stress from earlier in life... that is contributing to these health issues that needs to be dealt with?
She will cut stuff out and eat "semi clean" for a little bit and then slowly start adding stuff back in and she does fine with it, but then I think after a while of constantly eating stuff she probably shouldn't, it just adds up...plus, just not being as active doesn't help. but I can say that last night we all exercised, including my daughter. The wife and I spent 15 min each on the treadmill and then did some low impact workouts in between. I made sure to make a big deal about this morning to my wife and how proud I was of her. So we are going to keep this going and get some results!

My wife had a very interesting childhood. Her Dad is a functioning alcoholic that was also verbally abusive. Her mom has had health issues for most of her adult life and has battled depression as well. She basically had to move out and us get an apartment when we were in our early 20's before we really ready to move out, but because she just couldn't live at home anymore and deal with them. So I think all of that has taken a toll on her for sure and has always just been in defense mode and doesn't take criticism well at all unless you treat it very carefully. She also has a very addictive personality as well. Drinking had been an issue for a long time. Like I said earlier, her dad has always drank and her brother has too (He isn't as bad, but not too far off) and naturally she inherited the same trait. The drinking is definitely under control now as she maybe drinks once every 1-2 months or so if that, but I think food has sort of taken over what the drinking used to do for her, which isn't good either. She doesn't over eat, but its just what she chooses to eat. Even now, her parents are big believers in "Misery loves company" and constantly manipulate her into feeling guilty for something my wife has no control or has nothing to do with and I think that certainly contributes to her living an unhealthy lifestyle. We also recently purchased an inflatable hot tub and she loves it. She feels more relaxed afterwards, has slept better in the last few days since we got it. So, I think we are moving in the right direction because I 100% believe that by changing our diet and exercising and just being more active si going to completely change the way she feels (and I too)

Have you tried raw milk? curious i know others that have had no problems with raw milk only pasturized.

Also what is wrong with ground beef, i would try and get beef from a farm "grass fed". its not much more and has the right omega fats. Farm raised fish screams nasty conditions to me.
We have not tried raw milk. I guess as long as it doesn't have milk casein, it should work, but she has done really well being dairy free for the most part.

Nothing is wrong with ground beef, but trying to incorporate less red meat and less processed with something a little healthier like fish or shrimp or even chicken. She really enjoys Greek food and so we are slowly trying to adopt the mediterranean diet. I mainly want to cut out fast food as much as possible. I know there will be times where it just makes sense to pick something up if you're in a time crunch, but eating at home more and eating less processed food is our goal.

Back