anyone running thornbirds???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking for something more aggresive than my BFG Muds. I guess i'll be looking for something else.

You aren't going to find an offroad tire better than bfg muds without stepping up to something like a tsl/irok. That's including every tire pro comp/nitto/toyo/maxxis (not including old buckshot) makes. The trxus MT's are good tires as well, but not much better than the ones you have now...

Had a set on an old CJ-5 before I started to crawl. I thought they would do good in the snow. Man was I wrong. Straight tread radials went better than those pieces of:poop:

You aren't going to find an offroad tire better than bfg muds without stepping up to something like a tsl/irok. That's including every tire pro comp/nitto/toyo/maxxis (not including old buckshot) makes. The trxus MT's are good tires as well, but not much better than the ones you have now...

truxus mts...suck. ill take a nitto mud grappler over the bfg's also will take a pro comp xterrain over it.....also would take some maxxis creepy crawlers over the bfg's. Bfg's are not super high on my list and are over priced.

the STS is a Great tire yes i said a great tire. FOR what they were made for. Sand,Snow and pavement. They ride very well not much road singing and look good. If i were at the beach id have them on one of my rides.

holy necrophelia batman

thornbirds are not even an off road tire interco list them as allterain tires,their ok for a/t's on a lite vehicle the side biters are bad to fly off of them if you put them on heavy trucks,butt i have to agree with most of you there useless off road.

They're Great for an offroad trailer or hay wagon...:beer:

holy crap!!! I started this thread almost a year ago. I guess i'll update since someone brought this back to life. I have since traded my 33" bfg's for a set of 35" claws. I wouldn't say they are any better than the bfg's were as far as traction on rocks, but they are bigger and it was an even swap.

i had a set of 35x14.50 the only traction u get is on the sidewall. they ride worse on the road than a TSL. maybe if you grooved out those center treads and opened up a bigger center channel they would work better. but they cake-up and dont self clean well even under high rpms. drag slicks in the mud :poop:

not to stray too far from the main topic, but what's wrong with the truxus sts? that's my planned next tire for my one cherokee when the time comes. I use it mainly at the beach and some dunes, and i thought those tires would be great for sand, so why the hate?

They're an awsome tire for the mall and some sand pits

I used to run them..... then I got a more aggressive passenger car tire like a Uniroyal Tiger Paw.

All kidding aside, they are really lousy off-road. They don't clear mud out of the smaller grooves, making them like a racing slick if it's not perfectly dry. The side lugs have their good points, but for the money you will spend, unless they are a gift, you will regret over any other off-road tire.

For a cheap but good tire, look at the Interco LTB.

thornturds suck.
nothing more to say.

sex with dead folks is Dylan's territory, pm him for details.
Im gonna let this one RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back