Anyone know anything about this camper?

Nissan11

This thing is awesome but its too far away for me. I am going to be doing a lot of camping for the next few months and am interested in a slide in camper for my truck, but 99% of them are for big trucks. Ive got extra springs, but I still dont want to put more than about 1500 lbs in the back of my truck. Has anyone heard of Pro Tech Bobcat?

This is listed as a 1900 mini tour by Pro Tech Bobcat. I did numerous google searches and couldnt find ANYTHING on this company or any other slide in campers like this one. I need something to go in the back of my crew cab frontier with a 6' bed.

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_B0o7TGwBGkKGrHqZhgEw5RUeYJBMbJesg2w_3.jpg

ai130.photobucket.com_albums_p275_nissan11_B0o77wBWkKGrHqNhcEw5Btk43BMbJfNz8g_3.jpg

Looks like they made the "rear guard" that was advertised in Popular Mechanics in 1990, and the Pro Tech Communications Flex Headset in 2001. The camper was made under the name Pro Tech Systems, but I bet it's the same company. They at one point had www.protechcom.com for a website, but it is no longer valid. It looks like in 2001 they were a subsidiary of NCT Group, but NCT's website shows electronics and related systems, no campers to be found. Their number is 1-800-468-8371, but I bet it doesn't work or isn't to the same company anymore.

If the price is right, then I'd say it would be light, and a really nice dry/warm place to sleep.
Add AC on top and be happy!

If you are looking for a light weight in bed camper there are quite a few places that make pop up truck campers. They might be more to your liking. The lighter weight you get the less options you have. If you don't have a shower/toilet on board that will save a ton of weight.

I want one just for a hard sided place to sleep. But the wife loves the tent so until that changes it is tent for me.

Back