anyone ever ran retreads from tread wright?

After the "1st" lift on the XJ many years ago I got the 31" MT Retreads off of Ebay. They all matched, drove true, balanced and were a excelent tire. I think I got roughly 20k from them before selling them and going bigger. Then the 33"s I went to next we're retreads as well, but from a fellow in Nashville. those as well were great tires and resellable a year later.

after reading all this, im probly gonna give them a shot for sure if i cant find a decent used set that isnt way overpriced....called about some 31 10.50s today and they said theyre about 90 a piece for the crawler mud tires, cant get them untill after the beginning of the year though due to back order

yea had to wait 3wks for mine, they have such limited sz and quantity due to matching aboundant carcases, they also use a much more thorough process than just recaps, it isnt very often this day and age when you can get an excellent product from an outstanding company and brag about what you paid, give them a shot you wont regret it

yeah, i didnt realize they were as popular as they are till after this post....appretly im a little behind haha, just getting into building my first crawler though so im catching up

Had a set of their older style MT on a truck I bought. Looked great, seemed to have gotten great mileage. I ended up getting rid of them to step down to a smaller road tire. I had a hard time getting them balanced, but the guy I sold them to had no issues. I believe it was an issue with my rims, which are now replaced.

I am considering a set for my tow rig. I've got about another 10k and after having spent $800 on a set of nittos to get 30k miles I'll probably be going with some of these. I recommend the kedge grip. I hear it increases the mileage.

that would be me....ended up beadbalancing them...have a slight vibration right under 40....but then agian the inside lugs of one the tires are tore up pretty good...so far i love the treadwrights and they have done really good under a truck as heavy as a f250. i have definitly put them through their paces

hopefully theyll come out with a 35x12.50x20 before i need tires for my f250 again and ill get some for sure then....right now just for the samurai build though

Retreads

Exhausted search for Randolfs Tire. Another dealer said they are listed as Southern Tire. Glen Alpine. STILL, can"t find Phone #. Somebody tell me the # ! Also i know that Treadwright does'nt offer a 33". Does Randolf sell different brand/ offer 33" Thanks My tires are shot, got any 33x15 MT used? [cheap]

Retreads

years ago i purchased some retreads and had good luck with them. However i am kind of a stickler on detail and i remember clearly seeing the line were tread met carcass. However on the some of the ebay tires with goodyear pattern it does not seem to be to obvious. Any ideas on how the tires mentioned look there at the tread line. I kind of reminded me of the sticky crawler after some age..

Drove up & found Randolfs today. Had to be in the area. It actually is/was, Southern Tire. Think name keep changing! They do their own recapping & their largest mold is 31x10.50x15. NO 33s:flipoff2:

where is this randolf place, and are they pretty decently priced, also can you get M/T from them?

Randolfs'

He is in Glen Alpine, I think its on Main St., at a bridge. Sorry I didnt get phone #, or other info. Did stop at convience store, to ask,"where". Many wheelers in Morganton, know him.

well i might try to give them shot just for a price check more than anything....wish i could just find some good cheap used 31s

Hmm, hadn't seen these before, heard of them but never thought about it, after hearing these reviews, Im pretty interested... The price is right for sure.

wish they still made 33x12.5 or 33x10.5...i'd give em a shot my next go around
From what I understand the reason they stopped making the 33's and 35's is the carcasses that they were getting were in bad shape... Think about the way we use our tires...

And on the "back-ordered" status... Just give them a call and talk to them... They can probably get your order filled in a week or so...

If you do call them tell them that Roadkill says HI!!!

Here is a pic of my wife's DD with 285's!
41260_1555339729889_1427076387_31486331_8337303_n.jpg

40827_1555340009896_1427076387_31486337_5957309_n.jpg

And my Jeep with 31's BEHIND my new 37's!!! ALL from Treadwright...
69408_1638100798864_1427076387_31685914_855723_n.jpg

How loud are the Guard Dog MT's going down the road at highway type speeds? I'm considering putting them on my Tahoe which is mostly just a 25-50% duty DD, non-wheeling rig. It currently has 245 Goodyear MT's on it that I got off of a Jeep Rubicon. They are a little loud, but not too bad.

How loud are the Guard Dog MT's going down the road at highway type speeds? I'm considering putting them on my Tahoe which is mostly just a 25-50% duty DD, non-wheeling rig. It currently has 245 Goodyear MT's on it that I got off of a Jeep Rubicon. They are a little loud, but not too bad.
The Xterra is my wife's DD... and if we go out we take that... That being said the noise IS noticeable but she actually liked the sound of the tires... So not to loud!

I've ran the treadwrights before I love them, would Dec recommend them next truck I get will have a set of them. Great traction in mud rocks ok in sand and they did pretty well in the snow

Just realized the thread was about my old truck LOL.

lol iluv mud. bringing an old thread to life? i'll keep it going.

I had Treadwrights on my Landcruiser and i loved them. I read an article in one of the 4x4 mags about running them on a fullsize dodge tow rig and they dogged the hell out of them in testing. They were as pleased with them as everyone in this thread.

Back