anyone ever ran retreads from tread wright?

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
I just traded an old honda motorcycle i had for a samurai and about to do a spring over on it to clear 31s, just wondered if anyone had ever ran these and how they held up. Mostly wondering about the crawlers since its just gonna be offroad. Or whats some good cheap M/T 31s?

i put them on my superduty this morning will never buy new again, great product, great company, great price....enough said

wow!!!!!!!!!!!! they good. how big do they make them
Up to 37s last time I checked.

My brother just bought a set in 225/70/19.5 for his F450 and is rather pleased. I almost bought a set for my dually until I found a good deal locally, but I plan to buy from them in the future. They have a pretty good selection, but if they only sold 255/85R16 I would buy a set today.

Never heard of them. Please post some contact info/website or what ever.
many years ago I used to run retreads, because only rich folks could afford new tires LOL Issues I had back then was tires heating up and separating the tread off.
Also with the mud grips, none of them seem to balance out too good. Just wondering if technology had taken care of these issues

There is a place in Glen Alpine that sells retread tires for about $50 a piece.I bought two last week and they perform pretty well.

I'd say that was Randolfs there at the bridge?

did you get a straight tread or mud grip?

How is the tread life on these retreads? Do they seem to last a long time?

Id like to hear how long they last and wear as well. Time for some tires for me and was looking at this route.

well so far on mine they have worn all even in ive drove from myrtles beach to asheville a few times since ive had them on. they do pretty good there not real loud on the road they got a faint hum to them and they clean pretty good also. im running the 31X10.50 gaurd dogs but ive heard from other people thats used them that they like the crawler m/ts that they have better.

Had a set of their older style MT on a truck I bought. Looked great, seemed to have gotten great mileage. I ended up getting rid of them to step down to a smaller road tire. I had a hard time getting them balanced, but the guy I sold them to had no issues. I believe it was an issue with my rims, which are now replaced.

I am considering a set for my tow rig. I've got about another 10k and after having spent $800 on a set of nittos to get 30k miles I'll probably be going with some of these. I recommend the kedge grip. I hear it increases the mileage.

Had a set of their older style MT on a truck I bought. Looked great, seemed to have gotten great mileage. I ended up getting rid of them to step down to a smaller road tire. I had a hard time getting them balanced, but the guy I sold them to had no issues. I believe it was an issue with my rims, which are now replaced.

I am considering a set for my tow rig. I've got about another 10k and after having spent $800 on a set of nittos to get 30k miles I'll probably be going with some of these. I recommend the kedge grip. I hear it increases the mileage.

chris is that what you getting me for christmas? i thought so :popcorn:

it seems like their inventory is very limited. If you try to add something to your cart, a popup window advises you to contact them. The only 285/75R16availabe right now is the Backbone. I might give them a call when my towrig needs new rubber.

It decreases mileage, but increases wet/icy traction. They even say so on their site.
Treadwright said:
Are there any disadvantages to running tires with Kedge Grip?
Answer:

Kedge Grip provides additional traction in slippery conditions. It does this by creating small pits on the tread surface with the walnut shell and adding additional grit to the tread with the crushed glass. With the additional open area on the tread the tire will wear about 15-20% faster than a tire without Kedge Grip.

Can you put retreads ont he front? I think I remember someone saying that it was illegal? If you can then I will put a set on my tow rig for the cheap price.

it seems like their inventory is very limited. If you try to add something to your cart, a popup window advises you to contact them. The only 285/75R16availabe right now is the Backbone. I might give them a call when my towrig needs new rubber.
Call them, they have carcasses in stock usually and will make your tires when you call. This is mainly an issue when there is one size/load range with many tread styles available.

My brother ordered 225/70R19.5 for his F450, they had 1 or 2 listed, he called and ordered 4. It took about 2 weeks, and he had them at his house, 4 matching bridgestones carcasses in the all position tread.

Can you put retreads ont he front? I think I remember someone saying that it was illegal? If you can then I put a set on my tow rig for the cheap price.
It is only illegal to run retreads on the front of a commercial passenger vehicle...I.E. a bus.

Although some states have individual laws about other commercial vehicles. For a light duty truck, you are fine.

There was a thread on Pirate about Treadwright. Most of the users of their retreads were more than satisfied with them. There were the usual "you're gonna die" comments, but those were from people that haven't used them.

I have a set of the old 37" Military retreads on my Excursion. They were made by Bandag and are a lttle bigger than the original ones that aren't retreads. They don't balance though so its not a great ride above 70. So far they are holding up well. I know this sn't the same company but still a retread.

Back