anybody in Charlotte/Raleigh/Greensboro do turbo work?

bigwaylon

it's gotten frustrating enough I'd rather just pay somebody on here to do it...

tried to "upgrade" the turbo in the D350 by buying a bigger compressor housing and a smaller exhaust housing (with wastegate)...

got all the pieces, started working on it, and it all just went down hill...

I just want to hand somebody all the pieces, and pick it back up when it's back in one piece that I can bolt in...

I'm leaving Charlotte in about two hours, heading to Raleigh, and could drop it off anywhere along the way...I'd rather not ship it, just do to all the pieces...

if anybody does this work, please send me a PM, or post up here...

if it matters, it's a H1C turbo, and I swapped on a 12cm wg housing from a WH1C, and a Stage III compressor housing and 60mm wheel from HTT...

Thanks.
Greg

There is a place in Greensboro near UNCG called Turbo Tune (or at least it was there as of 3 years ago). I have heard a lot about it, but have no direct experience. While I was in high school they were THE shop for Buick Grand Nationals and other turbo cars.

ridefast said:
hit up jon
Blackout Autosports
Raleigh, NC
919-754-7910

I left him a voice mail before I even started this topic, and sent a PM...hoping I could bring it to him in Raleigh...

just haven't made contact, yet...I'll probably call once more just before I leave (in the next half-hour)...

Thanks.
Greg

well

I would be careful and safe by calling someone in a magazine like a turbo shop and asking more details and info and then try to find a place around here that can help. You want to know as much as you can before you do anything like that.:wheel: :driver:

DOUGHBOYDD2500HD said:
I would be careful and safe by calling someone in a magazine like a turbo shop and asking more details and info and then try to find a place around here that can help. You want to know as much as you can before you do anything like that.:wheel: :driver:
Huh?

You think he'd be better off calling random places from a magazine or the yellow pages than asking people?
:shaking:
That hurts my brain.
Especially since there are people on here who do this sort of thing and do it well, (aka Jon and probably some others)

OH well, since I have nothing to contribute here more than not understanding your logic, back to my conf call :confused:

Cheers

There is a turbo repair shop in Charlotte. Its Turbo Exchange but i dont have the number ATM. If you dont get it together I can get the number when i get to the shop on Monday.

3DCrawler said:
There is a turbo repair shop in Charlotte. Its Turbo Exchange but i dont have the number ATM. If you dont get it together I can get the number when i get to the shop on Monday.

StudNuts has it...

thanks, though...

Greg

Back