Anybody here have a you Tube channel or thought about creating one?

Tom@Hilltop_Machine

I enjoy watching welding, metal fab, and machining videos on You Tube and have had a few friends mention to me that I ought to start my own channel of me working in the shop. Wondering how time consuming it is to record the action and then down load and edit the video content and then get it uploaded? What cameras and software to use also?
Anybody here help me out?

I enjoy watching welding, metal fab, and machining videos on You Tube and have had a few friends mention to me that I ought to start my own channel of me working in the shop. Wondering how time consuming it is to record the action and then down load and edit the video content and then get it uploaded? What cameras and software to use also?
Anybody here help me out?
I've got one ,all videos done from my Samsung phone ...[emoji2]

I do, haven't added anything in years. Simple videos can be a pain to edit without the right software. Too time consuming for me since I'm not interesting in doing it for $$.

There was an upset a couple of weeks ago about YouTube changing way they paid....a couple vloggers I sort of follow were talkng about quitting because they depended on that as part if their income. One said he puts about 20 hours a week into it to create enough content to keep a recurring audience. I think he does 2 or 3 15-20 minute videos a week.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This Old Tony
Abrom79
AvE
Jimbos Garage
Alec Steel
Walter Sorrells

Have you watched these guys? If I were to have the drive or desire to start a youtubes, it would be to aim for what these guys are doing. Easy to watch, easy to learn, exceptionally well put together.

This Old Tony
Abrom79
AvE
Jimbos Garage
Alec Steel
Walter Sorrells

Have you watched these guys? If I were to have the drive or desire to start a youtubes, it would be to aim for what these guys are doing. Easy to watch, easy to learn, exceptionally well put together.
I watch the first three you listed on a regular basis.

There was an upset a couple of weeks ago about YouTube changing way they paid....
Yeah I saw that on ChuckE2009's channel. He is now basically make a third of what he was making. Not really looking at this as a revenue maker. Although if I make a few bucks for going through all the effort would be a bonus.

Ok so I have the channel established.
Hill Top Machine Works
Now to get some videos made. Still need some camera recommendations. I know Abom79 likes and uses a Go-Pro Hero 3.
Your video list looks like Hillary's email server. Get to work!

I've got a YouTube channel with over a hundred videos, mostly just wheeling videos taken with my phone. Have had it for 6 years and only have about 3k views lol. But I haven't published my channel so commercials don't play before my videos and I don't make any money from it. I thought about going public to get more views just haven't done it yet. I've only edited a couple of vids using YouTube's software and it seems to work ok. Here is one from a few months ago up in Harlan.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I've had some fun with our channel. But I've found Facebook gets a gazillion more views. The analytics I can pull from Facebook are pretty good too.

I'm not looking to make money on the channel, it's more of a creative outlet that keeps me sane :).

Ok I finally got my channel up and running. Took some learning to get the editing thing down but I have 9 videos up loaded so far. Take a look and see what you guys think. I know I say "so" and "guys" a few to many times and need to make an effort not to. Also takes some getting used to looking at a little gopro and talking to it like it is a person.
Here is my channel link. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-B-qh51Lg6eHsSvpNLplw

I'd love to do a lot of things but I just don't have the time. I used to love making wheeling videos and other funny shit but being an adult has stifled that. I think the hardest part is keeping the material fresh. If folks know you've got new material every week then you'll gather a following. Otherwise, they'll drop you for some other form of instant gratification be it Instagram, Snap Chat or another channel.

make sure you convert it to brand account now before you start making videos. i highly suggest a video editing program such as final cut for mac or adobe premiere for pc. you can get free older versions online sometimes. i would suggest creating other social media accounts to publish across all boards

Please explain. Not sure what this is.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/3056283?hl=en

Let's say you get popular and then you need to get a social media marketer to handle your trending hashtags and do branded thumbnails for your videos, etc. It is less than ideal to give these people your login - full control. Brand accounts was created to meet the demand of business entity's operating on YouTube.

Lots of other benefits. Highly suggest doing it.

Back