Any Gunsmiths Out There?

YJJPWrangler87

Hey yall, just got back from georgia, my granddaddy passed away, he was a WWII vet and a mayor. He left my dad some of his older guns including a p38 Walther, that a German officer surrenederd to him, in excellent condition with 2 clips and the holster and Remingtion Model 12A pump .22 that was his dad's. I also have his Savage 12gauge that needs to be refinished. Also looking for a display case for the p38. Anyone?

Zack

I think HardTaco's family does that kinda work..

Really? i'm not new to guns but am new to the whole refinishing process, but for the shotgun, i want the barrel to be reblued and there is a piece of the stock that has broken off, i have the piece, on the walther all we really want is for it to be cleaned, the pump 22 needs to be cleaned and prolly reblued, i know you can buy the reblueing kits at wally world, tried it did't have the best of luck.

Zack

Really? i'm not new to guns but am new to the whole refinishing process, but for the shotgun, i want the barrel to be reblued and there is a piece of the stock that has broken off, i have the piece, on the walther all we really want is for it to be cleaned, the pump 22 needs to be cleaned and prolly reblued, i know you can buy the reblueing kits at wally world, tried it did't have the best of luck.

Zack
Let me know if you need help I work at a shop and do some smithing and have a guy to do the big or real hard stuff. Also do a lot with WWI and WWII guns... The guy is real good if you know what I'm saying, You know, give the guy a block of steel and he can turn it into a gun....
Jon

Refinishing a vintage gun often diminishes it's value no matter how bad it is.

Yep see it all the time gun in ok shape but old and good gun like a auto 5 brings 750, spend 200-300 to have the thing redone and it will bring 600-650.

Back