Any CCW instructors here?

kaiser715

Doing hard time
Looks like I screwed up and didn't send my renewal in on time. If it doesn't clear by the date my permit expires, they say I gotta take the class again. Pretty stoopid, I've had the permit 20 years, they think I'll forget everything in a few weeks if it goes over???

So...does anybody here teach the class, or have a good recommendation?

.... and VA.
BUT depending on how late it is, a phone call and friendly conversation with the Sheriff might be helpful.
It can be at his discretion.

Not sure how close you are to concord, but my wife and I just took a class through this guy two weeks ago

Did you submit the renewal before your permit expired? I was told by my Sheriff's Dept that I was good if the renewal didn't come back by the expiration date as long as the paperwork was submitted before your current permit expired.

This might be the Rockingham County Sheriff's policy though. Sam Page is pretty 2A friendly.

Did you submit the renewal before your permit expired? I was told by my Sheriff's Dept that I was good if the renewal didn't come back by the expiration date as long as the paperwork was submitted before your current permit expired.

This might be the Rockingham County Sheriff's policy though. Sam Page is pretty 2A friendly.

That is nc law, from my understanding. If you submit it before expiration you should be good. And your old permit is valid until the new one comes.

I've been doing some reading on it this afternoon. Not accepted by South Carolina from what I've read so far.
I had to go to SC to recover a stolen pistol. I specifically asked the guys at the police station if my NC conceal carry permit was valid. According to them is was. And I didn’t get arrested when I informed them I was carrying. Just my experience.

I had to go to SC to recover a stolen pistol. I specifically asked the guys at the police station if my NC conceal carry permit was valid. According to them is was. And I didn’t get arrested when I informed them I was carrying. Just my experience.
Im pretty sure he was referring to the NH CCW.

Well, SC has Constitutional carry as of March. Carry open or concealed without a permission slip.

It isn't.
That's why it's legally referred as "Permitless Carry" and not "Constitutional Carry".
Some people don't know/make the distinction, but there is one.
I didn't mean to sound like a dick, I was just joking. I honestly haven't read the bill but I'm pretty sure it just says "any person over 18 legally allowed to own a firearm". And to be fair, I don't recall the 2nd amendment having an age restriction. It's a law I've been breaking since I was about 18, so when I heard it passed I was like "Cool! I'm less of a criminal today than I was yesterday." and moved on. I still think you have to be 21 to buy a pistol from a store though.

Back