any 3 wheeler fans out there?

bottomland4x4

i grew up riding 3 wheelers and then on to quads. i really miss my old 86 atc250r. anybody else used to ride atc's? id like to find a nice stock 250r, but they are getting more rare every day.

could you imagine what 3 wheelers would be like today if they still made them? its a shame they got outlawed because of a few ignorant riders, in my opinion they took more skill to ride than any quad.

ive been wantin a 250r or a tecate 3 there high if u can find one in good shape. thats all i rode growing up was to poor to have the new stuff lol

Atc

Oh yes mine was a 84 250r it wasnt the best 250r to have but i had a ton of fun with it. Had a 86 200x after that loved it to, The big reds were pretty bad ass for their time.

I've got a little 90 all together, it was running when I parked it under the house last year. Moved me around pretty good actually... have manual repair book too. Doubt I'm ever gonna ride it though... Have ridden them long ago, they were the thing to have back in the day...

I too grew up on a atc 110. I do not remember them being outlawed but the manufactures quit making them and went to 4 wheelers because they were about to be outlawed. I have a atc 200x right now. Would like to get a 350x some day.

I use to ride a 85 200x. It was a blast to ride.
Been on the lookout for a 250R. I imagine itd be a fun ride!

My aunt has a Yamaha 200 shes trying to sell me... Trying to resist the good deal! haha
But a 350X is high on my to get list.

AS for the comment about taking more ability to ride one.... hell yes. Not just any idiot can hop on one and go.... imho. If they do they usually end up rolling it on the first curve.

i had 2 different 85 250r atc, a 1986 125, a 1985 350x. i wish i had kept them all! the only one i have left is an 85 70. it still has the original tires! its neat to watch my boys ride the 70, it brings back a lot of the good times i used to have when i was their age riding the atc.:driver:

Here is a buddy's 250R, his name on here is kyleg336. This thing is alot of fun to ride.
aa.imageshack.us_img238_9649_atc250r038.jpg

Oh that's pretty. I cut my teeth on 3 wheels and could out ride all of my buddies on their dirt bikes in the woods any day on 3 wheels.

There is no comparison, Light front end, incredible 2 wheel steering, The power to weight ratios on these puppies is so sweet. I would love another one. I sold my 250X when in started Ironman4x4 for some start up capital.

I miss that thing more than my old cherokee.
Andy

Cant believe I just now saw this thread!! I grew up on 3wheelers and still have them goin!! I had 6 at one time but now just have my 250ES Big red (which I thought was the Cadillac when me and my dad picked it up years ago with broker fenders and deer blood on it!! LOL it even had reverse) and I also still have my 350X (which I bought in 3 different boxes and put it all together now its my baby)!!
Ive had a 110,185,200s,200x,250X,250ES,350X and loved them all grew up taking them through all the uwharrie trails loL!

Heres a few of my 350X wish i had some of the ol Big red but dont have any on this computer.
scorpion coating 032.jpg
scorpion coating 037.jpg

omg yes. i grew up on my dads 300ex fourtrax then got my own 125 honda, then sold it when my uncle bought a 125 honda 3-quad. haha i rode the dog poo out of it. it ran good, but after being flipped about 3-4 hard times, and having no front brakes(no hand brake), only a rear brake, no front fender, and broke off rear fenders, no headlight so it was basically a frame and motor. after about three years and a ton of hard riding and all the mud holes, it finally bit the dust. i wanted to get it running but never did. i miss it alot tho

Back