Antiwrap + Truss

ckruzer

Infidel
Another thread got me thinking.

Don't want to undo the the Barnes antiwrap when I go coils.

A) how soon would that realllly be
B) it's only 100 bones

But been looking into different ways. If I went ahead and did truss and 4 link now I would be that much ready for coils whenever! But it appears 4 link and leafs don't mix well unless I have shackles on both ends on the rear leafs or use a spring pad that slides.

Anyone got any input?

Annnnnd GO!

Lol

Pic for attention

019423681c8763831b87706de2fb62e4.jpg

Haha... Little kitty. I like little kitties. :p

Put the anti-wrap bar on it with the Barnes kit and rock on till your ready to link it. It's only about 5 minutes worth of work to cut it off when your ready.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

what kind of magical cutting wheel do you use?

Put nylon strips between each leave, anti wrap bar. Keep your leaves as flat as possible.

Ordered the anti wrap kit. Gunna reread this thread and scour the webs for some YJ architecture ideas!

I was almost able to get perfect degrees to match top bar horizontal to ground. The angle piece matches axle centerline. I really like how it all fit. Had to go shackle up though, so under torque it will want to compress the spring more so than if shackle was down.

081e6c563116d718686a3db935bff2c4.jpg

...But it appears 4 link and leafs don't mix well unless I have shackles on both ends on the rear leafs or use a spring pad that slides.

The only way you can logically use a 4 link with a leaf spring is with bird cages. This will work but why??? Just coil the thing and lose the antiwrap bar. With the 4 link the springs become only springs and not locating devices and the antiwrap bar will only bind the suspension!

Or you can birdcage the leafs and use a non shackled antiwrap bar (then it becomes a lift bar) and you can achieve tune-able antisquat using your leafsprings! (Old dirt car technology!)

Back