And another first uwarrie trip thread.

junkxj

Well poop!!!!!
As the title states, my brother and I will be visiting uwarrie next weekend for the first time. We will be riding in my rhino, and camping overnight off one of the trails. Any advice about which trail to camp on? I am guessing it gets crowded during the day, maybe best to ride after dark? Any other advice for a fun trip?

There are dispersed sites on most of the trails that you could set up camp at, there are a couple about halfway through on Falls Dam that I like personally. You're right that traffic can be higher during the day, although the early morning and late afternoon don't tend to be too crazy. The trails range from mild to more advanced, there's a great map posted somewhere here on the forum that you can use to plot out your trip based on what you feel you and your truck are up for. Even if you stick to just the mild trails it's a fun place to spend time, I hope you enjoy!

Shaggy

Thank you very much for the advice. We plan on riding Daniel and dickey bell for sure. We do wish we could meet up with someone who knows the trails, but guess we will get by ok with a map and gps. I will definitely take your advice and try falls damn for a camp spot. Any one else have any input/advice for uwharrie? Thanks again for the input!

Back