Amazon prime

Dylan W.

lone resident of Bro-Lite Island
I plan to place a decent size order for rv stuff on amazon. Someone suggest I should get amazon prime. I told my wife and she said she had a free trial at one time, but as little as we used it, it wasnt worth the 100 bucks per year..?

Who knows what about this?

Anyone wanna order some stuff and ill give you cash? :) guess it would need to be someone relatively close by.

Is it even worth worrying about, versus regular amazon?

You get a month free if you sign up then Cancel after ya order...

Unless you need it in 2 days Prime wouldn't be worth it if you dont have a free trial. The prices are the same whether you have prime or not. Prime is just free 2 day shipping. As far as I know.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Order through Amazon Smile and select Blue Ribbon Coalition as your benefiting charity.

We have amazon prime and really enjoy it. Not only does it give you free expidiated shipping, you get amazon music and video as well, kind of like Pandora and Netflix in one.

We use Amazon to order stuff A LOT. We probably made at lease 100 orders this year and even more last year. You’ll be surprised how much you’d use it if you had it.

I got mine when it wasn’t so expensive and considered getting rid of it but then moved to Louisiana and the shopping options suck so I use it all the time. Once I move back to a more civilized area it may be up for debate as I would much sooner purchase something locally. As long as you use regularly it it pays for itself in shipping fees alone. Another thing to consider is the “subscribe and save” if you have regularly purchased items you can put them on a list and it will just show up when you need it free shipping and at a discounted rate.

I wish we had amazon now in our area. I’d use it much more.

Nah, that shit costs money.

Between Cyd and me, we have 15 orders scheduled to show up this week. Subscribe and Save stuff will start showing up after Christmas.

What are you talking about here? The TV stuff?

No, there's stuff I can order from Amazon that they deliver same day, usually within a few hours. It costs a few bucks per item, though.

Order through Amazon Smile and select Blue Ribbon Coalition as your benefiting charity.

We have amazon prime and really enjoy it. Not only does it give you free expidiated shipping, you get amazon music and video as well, kind of like Pandora and Netflix in one.

We use Amazon to order stuff A LOT. We probably made at lease 100 orders this year and even more last year. You’ll be surprised how much you’d use it if you had it.
All this x2.

We easily do 100 orders a year maybe 150. That's separate orders. Items... a couple hundred easily.
The thing is you get a main account and can have others in your household attached to it. In our case it's my wife's Prime account but my Amzon account is under it so I get free Prime shipping too. So think of it as something you are both going to use.

Frankly it's made us pretty lazy, we now assume anything we need to buy we can just order on Amazon and assume it will get here in 2 days or less.
This time of year it's common for the delivery guy to be here every day for 2 weeks straight.

On top of that it comes w/ free access to all the Amazon Video and amazon Music content for the primary account holder. Amazon Music is a lot like Pandora, with bunches of channels, and you can even download individual songs for playing offline etc (as long as you use their player app). Only suckage here is that is only for the primary account holder, not everyone on the account.
There's TONS of content on the Amazon Video database for your kids. Between that, Hulu and Netflix we never have a lack of things to watch.

Edit - we are juuuuust outside the radius for Same Day delivery from Baltimore, which is probably a good thing... although last month the Baltimore amazon building collapsed and deliveries are kind of fubared right now lol.

Wife has it...get stuff almost daily...her vinyl/shirt stuff, toys, clothes, diapers, etc. We buy most of our non-perishable groceries from Amazon. Tried doing the tv/music thing once, couldn’t figure it out.

Tried doing the tv/music thing once, couldn’t figure it out

If you have a smart TV or roku, you can just log it in to the account, then it's just point and shoot.

I actually like Amazon video better than Netflix. Not least because Amazon doesn't auto play the fucking videos.

There's nothing saying you can't have the same account logged in on multiple devices...
Yes but it gets all screwed up when you have different music libraries under different accounts. E.g. I have a ton of stuff under my Amazon account she doesn't and vice versa. Only way I know to fix that would be to download everything locally, merge together and re-upload and work out of one massive library.

I looked at it like this...it's like 100 bucks a year, roughly 8 bucks a month. If you make one order a month and get free shipping, that's pretty much covered it. Trust me, the regular free shipping will show up whenever it damn well pleases!

There's nothing saying you can't have the same account logged in on multiple devices...

This is what we do. Both phones, I pads, all of our TVs, the Roku sticks, and my TVs and Roku in my VA appt are all on the same amazon account.

And I forgot about the scheduled deliveries through Amazon. It’s probably at least a weekly visit from the amazon delivery guy just for the scheduled deliveries alone.

As much as I love Amazon for the convenience and efficiency for shopping for many things, I hate what it does for the local retailer, especially the small guy.

If our wages could keep up with the cost of everything else, maybe we could all go back to shopping local and made in the US!

As much as I love Amazon for the convenience and efficiency for shopping for many things, I hate what it does for the local retailer, especially the small guy.

In WNC Walmart, Lowe’s, and Home Depot put the hurt on local businesses years ago. Now Amazon is putting the hurt on Walmart somewhat.

Back