Air Conditioning help please

R Q

96 Chevy 3500, 5.7.
My AC hasn't worked in a few years and I've just went without but now I'm fixing it. I got a new compressor, evaporate canister, and orifice. When I took the orifice out it was full of crap, even some metal. I checked the lines as I took them apart and they were pretty clean.
What is my best bet for cleaning out the lines? I have a regular compressor but nothing to blast them out with. Is there any chemicals I can use to help clean out the system?
Thanks in advance.
Edit: a little history; A/C clutch was not cutting on. I could slap the front of it when the motor was running and it would engage and cool some. Compressor turned freely with no noise or grinding.

They make a flush gun for ac. But you can get by with out it. Go to a part store like napa and get a can of ac flush pour it in the tube at the orifice tube and back flush to the compressor. Pour in as much as you can then a blast of air from your compressor until nothing comes out. Repeat until you don't have metal shavings in the flush. Note that you may need to replace the condenser or any lines with mufflers in them as they are difficult to flush. You can try just a flush but if you don't flush the muffler or condenser clean it can wipe out your new compressor.

For the few extra $ id change the coil under the dash. Its not a huge job and it will probably help the new pump last longer.. Plus then you can dump all the correct amount of fluids/oil in for a new system and charge it.

For the few extra $ id change the coil under the dash. Its not a huge job and it will probably help the new pump last longer.. Plus then you can dump all the correct amount of fluids/oil in for a new system and charge it.

X2. A lot of compresor suppliers wont warranty unless you do this. It is in your best interest.

Back