Air bump ID?

Rnuovrcj5

Anybody have any idea who might have made these air bumps? I’ve had them on a shelf for years after getting them as part of a trade. Finally using them on the LJ I’m building. I need to shorten them up a bit so I’m not riding on them and I’d really like to have the right spanner to get them apart. No markings that I can find anywhere. Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_6102.jpeg
    IMG_6102.jpeg
    161 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_6101.jpeg
    IMG_6101.jpeg
    158.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6120.jpeg
    IMG_6120.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 97
If the mounts weren't already welded on, I'd say just flip them over.

Any generic adjustable spanner wrench with a flat tip should work just fine for you.

Something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B07GX3X32M

Just maybe not that exact one because it's kinda expensive, but it was exactly what I was talking about and provided a nice picture for reference.

SAW possibly? I know red and silver were their colors.

Do you have a thread on your LJ? I have most of the stuff here to ton swap mine, but absolutely no time to work on anything. Lol. I’m curious what you’re planning for rear shocks. Staying inboard? I’m planning on sticking with coil springs too and debating whether to outboard them now, or hold off until the inevitable stretch and coilovers.

If the mounts weren't already welded on, I'd say just flip them over.

Any generic adjustable spanner wrench with a flat tip should work just fine for you.

Something like this:
Amazon product ASIN B07GX3X32M

Just maybe not that exact one because it's kinda expensive, but it was exactly what I was talking about and provided a nice picture for reference.
I’m not sure if it’ll grab. The slots are pretty shallow and radiused the whole way. Worth a shot though.
SAW possibly? I know red and silver were their colors.

Do you have a thread on your LJ? I have most of the stuff here to ton swap mine, but absolutely no time to work on anything. Lol. I’m curious what you’re planning for rear shocks. Staying inboard? I’m planning on sticking with coil springs too and debating whether to outboard them now, or hold off until the inevitable stretch and coilovers.
That’s what I was thinking too. They didn’t look like the pics I was finding though. No thread on the LJ yet. I’ve been making myself take pics though so I need to sit down and make one. Shocks are getting outboarded. I’m stretched back pretty far.
Yeah, looks like old SAW Racerunners
That‘s them for sure. I searched SAW but forgot racerunner. Thanks.

I think SAW was bought out a few years ago. I don’t know if they could still help with finding a spanner or not. Maybe a hydraulic shop? Or if you knew a good machinist they could probably make you one.

I’m looking forward to seeing the thread when you star one. I have one on here for mine, but I’ve made no progress on the ton swap yet.

The newer SAW went to a hex nut mateada of the spanner, same as their air shocks.

If you can get them apart may want to think about changing to the newer hex cap so that the spanner isn’t an issue and you can use pipe wrench to get them apart.

Afe power bought race runner from sway away, but it can be tedious to get parts from them unless you have part numbers from an old diagram.

I think AFE doubled their prices too. Talked to a salesman about some parts not long after the sale and prices made my mouth drop! He said SAW hadn’t been charging enough. I sold my shocks after that conversation.

I had about forgotten about them, but somewhere in my shop I’ve got a set of bumps I bought off Pirate probably 15 years ago. They were from an upfiit package on Chevy 2500s for the US Border Patrol. IIRC the consensus was they were built by SAW for the government. I’m thinking they have that same style nut, but they’re black instead of red. I need to dig those out.

Back