Aftermarket radio in 03 H2

93redzj

When I purchased the H2 it already had an aftermarket Cd player in it, we didn’t like it so we replaced it, once installed we only had sound coming from rear left speaker.

H2 has factory Bose system with amp, I figured it had the wrong wiring harness installed so I purchased one from Crutchfield that is supposed to work with the factory Bose system.

As soon as I plugged it in, it chimed once, I didn’t pay much attention to it as I was just beginning wiring everything. Once finished, I put key in ignition and I get nothing, no accessories, nothing. And then, the key won’t turn completely to off position so that I can remove it, it will turn all the way to crank position (nothing happens) but it will not turn all the way back to “off” position.

I’m guessing I’ve triggered some sort of anti theft mechanism but I have no idea. Anyone else have a clue?

theres a 2 amp ign fuse in gm suv and truck that will cause issues. check all fuses. The antitheft in these just prevents starting

what interface are you using to work with the amplifier? That truck the amp turns on via data, so you will have to have a module of some sorts to turn the amplifier on

I can’t remember the exact one off hand, but it was one from crutchfield designed to work with factory bose amp and system…..however I did get everything working. And honestly I’m a little ashamed of what the problem was but I’ll disclose anyways, turns out the battery had died, just out of the blue, dead battery. It has a date of 6/23 on it so it’s not an old battery.

Charged battery and magically everything works now

Yep. 03+ GM stuff is a lot more sensitive to voltage with the addition of all of the extra CAN-BUS electronics. It's most of the reason I prefer the 01/02 HD trucks!

Back