Advice for gettin my zj up?

ZJontherise

I have found a long arm 7 in kit from red rock 4x4. I have a 249 t case whitch is not the greatest from what im reading. I'm lookin for a 231 that will work. I know there is someone that knows and has just what i need. Any help or advice on parts and where to get them would be greatly apreciated. I wanna get it done soon so I can hit the trails. Thanks alot.

Are you asking for help with installing the lift, or are you asking for a 231?

I have found a long arm 7 in kit from red rock 4x4. I have a 249 t case whitch is not the greatest from what im reading. I'm lookin for a 231 that will work. I know there is someone that knows and has just what i need. Any help or advice on parts and where to get them would be greatly apreciated. I wanna get it done soon so I can hit the trails. Thanks alot.
Why not just buy the Claytons LA kit directly from them, claytonoffroad.com?
What size tires are you planning to run? 7" of lift is unnecessary unless you wanna run 35's (no trimming) or 37's (trimming required).
You have a budget to stick with? The lift and all associated parts to get you ready to hit the trails is going to be at least 6 or 7 grand.
I don't know how much of this you'll be doing yourself, but I'm assuming you're paying for labor since you had to ask for our help on finding the lift....
$3,500 for the lift & installation (professional welding required)
$300 new steel wheels (more if you want bling)
$1000 for 35-37" tires
$600 steering upgrade to turn those big tires
$2500 axles built to handle 35-37" tires & swapped in
$300 231 TC swap
Jeeps didnt get the nickname J-ust E-mpty E-very P-ocket for nothing!

Welcome to the forum BTW...looks like you just joined today! Here are some more sites to check out for ZJ stuff.
Jeepsunlimited.com (a lot of noobs, ok info, decent for sale forums)
Jeepforum.com (good forum, good info)
Mallcrawlin.com (great tech, more hardcore, read a lot before you post, least "noob-friendly" of the 4)
NAGCA.com

more than they are worth! so for u= that + reg. shop labor:flipoff2: but for anyone other than ryan ill hook u up. back to getting a zj up ill see what i have laying around to help out. what size tires are u going to run . i have some rk lower links. few shocks,t-case drop:poop:,sway bar discos and some track bar brackets.

Back