Advice for a First Uwharrie visit

Should've seen how many were out at 9pm last night! There were Rangers and Deputies on Daniel and more cars parked at the DPL. Not sure they had much luck, walking, though.

Cleaned up an entire campsite worth of trash *AND* put out a smoldering fire on RML this morning.

I went out today with the family. Unfortunately I had to put my tail between my legs and turn around only a 1/4 mile into Wolf's Den trail.:(
I will make a trip out in my stock liberty in the up coming weeks if you want to meet up and tag along i can only run the easy trails in my liberty

Why were Rangers and Deputies on Daniel? Something happen or just making a presence? I started to head up Daniel Saturday but talked to some people coming off the trail who said there was an hour wait to get up and down it. We decided to just keep riding.

I suppose they were looking to maintain law and order. Protect and serve the public, etc.

The problem is they can't cover much ground on foot. By the time we got to the top of the hill, everybody else had already moved on. There were four or five rigs up there, but they were loading up too. It probably took the rangers and deputies another 20-30 minutes to walk the rest of the way up the hill.

And I doubt anybody looking to get rowdy would head up the trail after they saw three cruisers parked at the bottom.

I will see if I can ask Debra tonight. I am up here right now.

Sounds like it may have just been intimidating. Take one of the UORTC classes man I hear nothing but great things!!!
I took one of the classes. I thought it would be a good idea since I'm a total greenhorn. I think it's definitely worth it, I think I learned some things that could have taken me quite some time to learn the hard way. Scott teaches a great class and has a genuine passion for wheeling and Uwharrie. Him or Mike will always take the time to answer any future questions you may have. (also met some great classmates which is cool since I really don't know any other folks that wheel. some of us hooked up for some trail riding a couple weeks ago.)

Back