Ads within posts?

drkelly

Dipstick who put two vehicles on jack stands
WTF is with ads popping up within posts? This sucks. The banner across the top is one thing, but within the post just blows.

Screen shot?

The only ads that show up in posts is the ad in the first post that shows up to ppl that aren't logged in. Those have always been there.

Does it have anything to do with membership?

Here's a screenshot of what a 'visitor' sees:

screenshot.jpg

As far as I can remember, those have been there since we started running ads ~2 yrs ago. And believe it or not, that's the best performing fawking ad we've got.

Yeh, I guess I wasn't logged in. Never realized that happened when you aren't logged in.

Crap! My membership must have run out. Didn't even realize it until Gotwood said something.

I'll bet its because your not in the cool diamond club anymore.

Nah, everybody sees the same number of ads if they're logged in. Technically, they see a "different" ad... it uses a different ID number if they have a diamond, but it's the same frequency, size, and placement.

Yea .....ads EVERYWHERE fo sho

No.

If you're logged in to the board, there are TWO ads per page. One banner at the top, one banner at the bottom. Sometimes (like on the forumhome page, your PM page, etc), the top banner ad is replaced by a single 300x250px rectangular ad on the sidebar.

There are no popups, no popunders, etc.

If you're not logged in, there are two or sometimes three ads per page, no more. No popups, no popunders, etc.

If you're seeing more than two ads, if you're seeing bubble ads pop up over highlighted words, if you're seeing popup ads or anything like that, IT'S BECAUSE OF SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER. And yes, that software can cause it to happen on some sites, but not others.

Back