A trip to the badlands

seaflea

Weekend got off to a killer start with me getting to Columbus Oh. around 11p on Thursday and stayed up late BSin' and having a few beers to knock the edge off the anxiety. Got up at 6 am and headed for the Badlands with the plan for Vince to meet us around 9 pm after work at Summer Carroll.

Friday was deserted. Mark and myself spent the day getting to know the park, experimenting with tire pressure and learning the rig together. Been 2 years for myself since my last visit and vaguley remembered the place. After an easy day we headed into town for some grub and a cold one.
After getting back to camp, more wheelers had started to trickle in with 3 well built jeeps a couple campsites over yonder After talkin' to them we learned that a couple toyota truggies were on the way and one of the trucks was owned by a Columbian named Oscar who happened to have The Punisher logo painted on his hood. We later learned how fitting that really was. Oscar wheels hard. Real hard.

Anywho, Woke up Saturday and got in line, checked in and hit the Orange trail right off the bat. Got rollin and ran into the group just mentioned and started to follow. What a day of first class guides to some of the best wheeling in the park. Saw some trucks do just insane climbs including Vince to even the score between the Jeeps and the Yotas.

The day wasn't without carnage and here's what I can remember.

Scary Mike's Jeep cracked it's frame
Tweety's Yellow Jeep broke a ujoint
I busted my driveshaft
Oscar busted all the teeth of his front R@P.

Got back to the airport after a bite to eat downtown to complete my whirlwind visit to the Mid-West. Have about 30 minutes of video to work together and will try and get that done soon.

Pics...
Oscar (the punisher)
badlands1.jpg

tweety
badlands10.jpg

here is my friend Marks 82 Toyota trekker
badlands11.jpg

Vinces 87 (4runner) now truck
badlands13.jpg

Back