95 Bronco SAS

HDMike

I haven't posted a lot on here but I thought I would post my build of my Bronco.

I'm doing a SAS with a D44 8 lug conversion and a Sterling 10.25 rear axle. They will have 4.88 gears. The front is already geared with a locker. The 10.25 will have to be regeared and I'm trying to find a LS for it.

Got all the shocks, brake calipers, and some steering off.

The brake calipers I hung them off a body mount so I don't have to fool with bleeding the brake fluid at the moment.
I'll have some parts to get rid of.

No comments needed on the blocks that it's sitting on. A buddy of mine is going to let me borrow some large jack stands to put under it.

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_783990_fullsize_dsc04101.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_784012_fullsize_dsc04103.jpg

Couldn't get the ABS plug off the axle so I just disconnected it. I won't have ABS anyways after the SAS is completed. I rolled the pigtail up and secured it to the hub.

Drivers Side
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_784013_fullsize_dsc04104.jpg

Passenger Side
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_784015_fullsize_dsc04107.jpg

Pic of the front with the steering stabilizer and tie-rods disconnected.
awww.supermotors.net_getfile_784014_fullsize_dsc04105.jpg

In this pic you see the level sitting on the frame. This is to make sure the vehicle is level so when I mount the solid axle under it everything will be squared up.

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_784018_fullsize_dsc04110.jpg

I'll have some spare parts to get rid of along with the current 6" procomp lift with Superlift Extended radius arms.

What's the supension setup plan for the front, arms, coils..?

Well I'd love to have a set of Cage arms but I don't have $800 bucks. I've got 3 sets of radius arms. I'm gonna put a stock set on for the time being and then build a longer set with one of the extras I have.

I've got Cage 6.5 Progressive coils. Which I screwed up and ordered the 6.5's instead of the 5.5 so I plan on moving the coil bucket up a couple of inches to compensate.

Don't waste your money on the 10.25.

Put a 14 bolt in it.

I know what you all are saying about the blocks. I'm going to a buddy's of mine and get some large jack stands tonight.

I need the VSS the 10.25 has so it's a 10.25.

dont sweat it man, I'm sure most of us have done worse at some point...haha

Clean looking build, by the way. You should PM johnski he def has the sweetest bronc I have seen that body style and it is done 100% right. Maybe Ford is different (which would not surprise me) but aren't most VSS's in the transfer case or tranny? Seems like there would be a simple solution to that w/o having to run a 10.25. I am sure they are plenty stout, but I have heard the aftermarket for them is not easy on the wallet. Where you can find Ford D60 rears for next to nothing (as well as 14 bolt's). Either way nice job and good luck. Keep the pics coming. :beer:

How does everyone like the way the bronco is sitting now. Shawn (Gub_Ni) let me borrow some heavy duty jack stands. These jack stands are sitting on 2" cap blocks. These babies are befty!!:kewl:

Thanks Shawn!

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785207_fullsize_dsc04116.jpg

I also built a couple of these for the axles. Makes moving them around a lot easier.

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785208_fullsize_dsc04119.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785209_fullsize_dsc04120.jpg

Broncomania had a Bronco with sterling 10.25 and 42" TSLs and had no problems. The sterling has beefy shafts like the 14 bolt compared to the small shafts of most 60 rears. I think it will be fine as long as he uses the bigger pinion they went to in the newer models.

Yip Gub this one has the bigger pinion. It's a 95 Sterling 10.25 axle.

ncgamedog - I have checked out johnski's bronco on fullsizebronco.com and will be taking ideas from him along with a couple other builds over there.

Broncomania had a Bronco with sterling 10.25 and 42" TSLs and had no problems.

<shrug> I'm just trying to help the guy out. I dumped twice as much money into a 10.25 than I spent on a 14b with discs. And the 10.25 fawked up the pinion, needs gears now. It was a 94 or 95.

10.25 parts cost more that 14 bolt parts, the 14 is easier to work on... it's a no-brainer.

Next time you're at the junkyard, walk around and check the pinions on the 10.25s. Tell me how many you find that are still tight.

We I've about got the front end completely tore out.

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785348_fullsize_dsc04128.jpg

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785321_fullsize_dsc04123.jpg

I remembered I had a pitman arm puller. Put it on and turned the wrench about a 1/2 turn and it popped right off. I just knew I was going to have to fight with this thing. :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785323_fullsize_dsc04126.jpg

Anyone needing a 95 TTB D44 w 3.55's?

awww.supermotors.net_getfile_785347_fullsize_dsc04127.jpg

now all you need is a plumb bob hanging from the front so it LOOKS like your making progress and it will look exactly like Franklins bronco!

lol, j/k loooking good man.

now all you need is a plumb bob hanging from the front so it LOOKS like your making progress and it will look exactly like Franklins bronco!
lol, j/k loooking good man.

asshat:flipoff2:. Hey I have been busy ya know.

Looks good HD!

Maybe Ford is different (which would not surprise me) but aren't most VSS's in the transfer case or tranny?
Yup, Ford is different. The VSS is in the differential. They do make aftermaket setups that can transfer it to the t-case if you want to run a 14-bolt.

Anyone needing a 95 TTB D44 w 3.55's?
I'd throw this at the broncospeed crowd on fullsizebronco.com and see if anyone's willing to buck-up for shipping. Those guys out west are always looking for a TTB to cut and turn into a long-travel setup.

Yup, Ford is different. The VSS is in the differential. They do make aftermaket setups that can transfer it to the t-case if you want to run a 14-bolt.
I'd throw this at the broncospeed crowd on fullsizebronco.com and see if anyone's willing to buck-up for shipping. Those guys out west are always looking for a TTB to cut and turn into a long-travel setup.

Yip I've posted it on FSB. I had those guys in mind for the TTB.

Back