93 XJ build

I see an oil pan gasket...does this mean you're doing the rear main as well?

Yup valve cover, rear main seal, and oil pan gasket. I recently did the oil filter adapter o rings so this should seal it all up for good now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup valve cover, rear main seal, and oil pan gasket. I recently did the oil filter adapter o rings so this should seal it all up for good now.

Good stuff. Let me know how messy/painful the rear main is. I've got to do mine as well. Also, were did you order the orings for the filter adapter? Mine has started leaking again and my old source for them is no longer available. I guess I could take them off and measure them but that means I'll be waiting a couple days for them to arrive with the filter off.

Good stuff. Let me know how messy/painful the rear main is. I've got to do mine as well. Also, were did you order the orings for the filter adapter? Mine has started leaking again and my old source for them is no longer available. I guess I could take them off and measure them but that means I'll be waiting a couple days for them to arrive with the filter off.

Rear main seal isn't a bad job. It's pulling the axle which brings the suck then the 24+ bolts that hold the oil pan on. I did this over the course of a week and it helps a bunch. Letting the oil drip for a day or two is key to ensuring all mating surfaces are good and squeaky clean.

And sadly for the oil filter adapter I just go to the dealership for that. My XJ is a late model 92 which is a 93 and has the oil filter that points up in the air. This has some ridiculous o-rings (I think 4) one which is super specific. I have seen the national seal numbers somewhere for it but I'd rather swing by the dealership counter instead of standing in a hydraulics shop at the counter hoping I get the right sized o-ring.

Lovely. Thanks clutch for giving me the :fuck-you: as soon as I leave work. I believe it is just the cylinder at the firewall that is efff'd. I had felt the clutch sort of getting weaker as I was leaving. No fluid coming out of the bell housing. Plan is to flush the entire thing a few times and see if a new cylinder at the wall will get me back on the road.

Oh also this is another reminder that I need a tow rig :shaking: The grand cherokee was sweatin pulling this sucker down the road :flipoff2: BTW a 35" tire will only fit under those ghey uhaul straps if the tire is entirely deflated

Sorry to hear that, at least you were close to home and not half way to Harlan!

Do yourself a favor and order one of these.....

More Information for VALEO 5291078

Best thing you can get. 15 minutes and your done.

I wish.

This is a bastardized set up. Pedals are from a 99 xj. Trans is from a 93 YJ. I will swap in a external slave bellhousing the next time the trans is on the floor. Until then I have to piece this all together with mis matched parts.

That plastic line will melt if its too near the exhaust.... Isn't there a metal replacement available for it?

Mine is a 96, I just replaced it. I tried to put a slave cylinder on it but could not get it to bleed. I pushed fluid up, did everything I could think of. Could not get it to bleed. Bought a kit from rock auto and in 15 minutes I was driving again.

On mine there's a clip that holds the plastic line to the bell housing. It would be tough for it to get close to the exhaust.

(Que the glowing light and heavenly angel noise)

My order for the dana 300 came in the mail finally! As soon as I heard @CasterTroy wanted to get an atlas for his pile I knew I had to step up my game with some classic old iron reduction gear.

I went ahead and sold my soul to JB conversions. Gana pimp out the dana 300 with everything minus the 32 spline outputs :mad: I had read reviews about how awesome the manufacturing quality was on the gears and they definitely lived up to their hype.

The gear teeth are massive. I am pretty sure they are stronger than dana 30 ring gear teeth, definitely bigger than any old sissy atlas gears :lol:

I will empty the 300 case here soon then trim the case for the gear then add a few fittings for a vent tube and a oil sight tube. Last thing I need to do is order an adapter ring and shifter/cables :rockon:

images

You may even beat my 3 week lead time. Of course I ordered the 4.3:1 just to hold you up on crawls :cool:
(Que the glowing light and heavenly angel noise)

My order for the dana 300 came in the mail finally! As soon as I heard @CasterTroy wanted to get an atlas for his pile I knew I had to step up my game with some classic old iron reduction gear.

I went ahead and sold my soul to JB conversions. Gana pimp out the dana 300 with everything minus the 32 spline outputs :mad: I had read reviews about how awesome the manufacturing quality was on the gears and they definitely lived up to their hype.

The gear teeth are massive. I am pretty sure they are stronger than dana 30 ring gear teeth, definitely bigger than any old sissy atlas gears :lol:

I will empty the 300 case here soon then trim the case for the gear then add a few fittings for a vent tube and a oil sight tube. Last thing I need to do is order an adapter ring and shifter/cables :rockon:

<--- looks in his wallet, realizes he can't hang with these guys anymore... Just call me "by pass buddy" when wheeling with you guys now :D

<--- looks in his wallet, realizes he can't hang with these guys anymore... Just call me "by pass buddy" when wheeling with you guys now :D
HA! This is the only thing I have ever bought new and shiny for my jeep. Don't get used to seeing these posts :(

All you got to do is back up a couple more feet and bump it Clay, that's how I have to do it. You can't get stuck on a rock if you jump over it. ;)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Things are ramping up for a hopeful ride at rausch in June. The two main things are the tcase and new shocks through the floor in the rear.

Dana 300 is about finished up. Still need to figure out driveshafts and shifters. 14" bilsteins 5125 have been ordered for the rear. Tube already acquired for the hoops. All of this is hoping I get the gear instal correctly and it doesn't leak oil everywhere. I have ordered two more shifter rail seals to double up in anticipation of a leak from the old shift rail especially. I saw it had some pitting from rust. A new shift rail in addition to the new one that JB conversions sent will be on my radar if the oil leaks a lot there.

I found some brass, push to connect fitting from pertek one day. This will take care of an oil sight tube plus the new breather fitting.

I quickly learned a lesson to take my time during install because I forgot the fitting before I sealed up the rear output housing. Damn that RTV turned into a bitch to get the housing off :kaioken:

Don't mind the concrete blocks I used to work on this :D

Last thing was to check out clearance for the shocks and clearance from diff cover to gas tank. About 11.5" from spring pad to floor and roughly 1.75" to the gas tank. I will use DIY4X EZ inch blocks to get the axle stretch.

I love the 2x4 measuring block. Has a whole lot more room than mine does back there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

No...mine clears thru a complete cycle of the suspension with a 1/16" or so gap, but apparently in extreme situations....maybe where I give it a little @Joe J. it barely kissed the tank. You can make out the ever so slight scrub of red.

That was right after the flats and hurricane creek. She was just a touch dirty. This is as clean as it gets for now. She needs to be blown apart and deep cleaned/painted.
8a4ddb03c8828943fcb3ab30c0df83d6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Back