92 2 door XJ build

It's got a hiss when just cruising down the road but with all the rest of the noises in the jeep, it isn't a problem. Under heavy acceleration it roars and I really like it. I'm going to make a 300 mile round trip this weekend with the jeep and will be able to give a better review on it after that.

What's your opinion on that cowl intake so far?

After the trip this weekend, this intake is worth it. So before I give you my results, here's what I'm working with.

Stock 4.0
60mm throttle body
44/60 w/ 4.88s
37/12.5 BFG Bajas

So, I averaged 16 mpg with both hwy and city driving. 2200 rpm is the sweet spot. That's 65 mph. It no longer downshifts going up the hills on I-85 between Durham and Greensboro. Intake temps are way down and help with the overall engine temps. With the sound of the tires, music, and general jeep noises, the intake is not noticeable.

I appreciate it man.

So this weekend I picked up a trailer to borrow for an upcoming trip to Pots Mt. Did a test fit of the jeep on it and it barely fit. Tires squeaked as they rolled past the fenders. It tows straight and feels good behind the truck. It's a little far forward in this pic. I moved it back about 8 inches to take a little weight off the hitch.

ai107.photobucket.com_albums_m316_badmojokidz_4267AB28_4957_4252_B1F1_1B7AF5B70BE2_zpsc3znfkpy.jpg

Looking beastly bud!

Just been wheeling a lot lately. I worked the 36 hours of uwharrie event, wheeled at the ctb fun caravan, and a bunch of just random weekends. Only work completed on the rig is an oil change and hydro assist

Photo dump

Attachments

• IMG_2044.JPG
    IMG_2044.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_2045.JPG
    IMG_2045.JPG
    214.6 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_2063.JPG
    IMG_2063.JPG
    221.4 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_2072.JPG
    IMG_2072.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_2085.JPG
    IMG_2085.JPG
    254.7 KB · Views: 381
  • IMG_2109.JPG
    IMG_2109.JPG
    127.1 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_2110.JPG
    IMG_2110.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_2118.JPG
    IMG_2118.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_2116.JPG
    IMG_2116.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_2153.JPG
    IMG_2153.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_2158.JPG
    IMG_2158.JPG
    139.6 KB · Views: 366
It was a fun day! Is Will going to post the pics he took?

Well the Jeep have officially taken over DD duty again. Totaled the car Thursday morning heading to work. Lady in front of me slammed on her brakes, hitting the guy in front of her. I then plowed into her. Insurance is pointing to a total loss because the airbags deployed.

Dang man, you ok? If it was today then you are going to be sore tomorrow.

Just been working in some odds and ends with the Jeep these past few months. I picked up a 99 WJ for a daily driver to replace my car. Although the gas mileage sucks, not having a car payment makes it worth while.

Jeep has received the following:

Superwinch 9500lb with synthetic rope
Redid the in-cab controller
removed the broken CB
replaced the heater control valve
rotated the tires
installed Bilstein 5100's up front
installed a rear interior led light

I've got some harnesses on the way and will hopefully be ordering the 2x6 tubing needed to replace the rockers.

After installing the new shocks I looked over the whole rig for any issues before loading up for this past weekend. Unfortunately I found that I had spun the passenger side tube on the front axle. I cleaned it up, welded the plug welds and then the tube to the diff. After that it was time to take care of the real reason the tube spun...the radius arms. While Ford's radius arms work very well for on road vehicles, they really hurt articulation for offroad rigs (unless you make them very very long but thats another story). So, my plan was to install the wristed arm that I've had for well over a year now. I started work on this Wednesday night and finished it up Thursday evening, just in time to load up for the Jamboree. The increase in articulation was incredible. I am now in need of longer brake lines and limit straps.

We wheeled Big Creek during the day Saturday so that we could avoid all the traffic on the trails in the forest. We then ran trails in the forest Saturday evening as the sun was setting and late into the night. Unfortunately there are no photos of the evening run but here are some from Big Creek.

Good to see you this past weekend. I'd like to run Big Creek again some time.

Wheeled the Flats this past weekend. It was an absolute blast. Damage wasn't too bad. Here's the list:

Busted tail light
Bent driver side slider
Hole in power steering hose
Dented rear diff cover

A Solid cover and new PS hose have already been ordered and will hopefully be here by Wednesday. The sliders will get replaced with 2x6.

Not many pictures were taken so here is all I have.

Going to come to the shop weekend after Easter

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Doubtful. As of now I won't be wheeling the rest of this month but if I do, it will probably be a day trip to Uwharrie. I have a few things to get done before I really wheel it next. On top of the list earlier, I've got to replace the TC output seal, remount the CB, order harnesses, and move the hydro assist ram. None of this is difficult or time consuming, it's just finding the little bit of time here and there to get it done.

Back