91 F250 Shake!

cyoung

I have a 91 extended cab 4x4, 5.8, C6. Some time back I was driving on I85 and the whole thing started shaking/vibrating like crazy. I was driving probably 65 mph. Honestly I thought a wheel was coming off or some major suspension part had come loose. I pulled over, literally kicked the tires, looked all underneath and saw no issues. Got back in, fired it up and drove to work. Problem gone! Drove it multiple times since with no issues. But a couple weeks ago, I felt like it was happening again. I was driving maybe 40 mph and it was not nearly as pronounced. I slowed down, stopped, started again and it was gone. Sounds crazy to me.!! Any thoughts other than "you are crazy"!??
Thanks

I have a 91 extended cab 4x4, 5.8, C6. Some time back I was driving on I85 and the whole thing started shaking/vibrating like crazy. I was driving probably 65 mph. Honestly I thought a wheel was coming off or some major suspension part had come loose. I pulled over, literally kicked the tires, looked all underneath and saw no issues. Got back in, fired it up and drove to work. Problem gone! Drove it multiple times since with no issues. But a couple weeks ago, I felt like it was happening again. I was driving maybe 40 mph and it was not nearly as pronounced. I slowed down, stopped, started again and it was gone. Sounds crazy to me.!! Any thoughts other than "you are crazy"!??
Thanks
Sounds like death wobble

Pivot bushings? Ball joints?

thanks for the replies! Seems like those things would be more consistent though. This truck does not have high mileage and generally is very smooth, tracks straight and is tight (for a 33yo truck). The problem has only popped up 1-2 times in the 5 or so years I've owned it.

Back