9" vs. D60

Maybe I'm cranky...

But I think this is a ton of debate for negligible difference?

IF IT WERE ME, I'D RUN THE 60...

Never saw an OEM put a 9" under a 1-ton....

Then again, I'd say sell both and use the funds to buy and build a 14bolt..... but I am partiallike that

[Please disregard everything I just said........I am drunk and in a foul mood]

Alot of Nascar teams sell their old axle shafts (usually just one race) and third members at auctions all the time.. You could easily have several spares for the 9'' for pretty cheap.. good luck

Hows this I had a 9" I was going to build but sold it to a Mustang guy and got me a Dana 60. Why well because with 9" I had no front axle with the Dana 60 I got a Dana 44 front as well. Simple I now have 2 axles instead of one. I did all the research and I have say that the differences are negligable between the two. They are both strong axles and I would be happy to have either one of them under my Jeep.

Although a FF axle is the quickest axle to extricate the axle shafts, it takes me no time at all to pull my axle shafts on my 9".

And x2 on the getting NASCAR parts for cheaper. I have $360 in a Detroit and Strange gears that had barely been touched, when otherwise those parts retail would have cost me upwards of $600-700 if I'm not mistaken.

Well... the best way is to be involved or know someone involved in racing, we get alot of inside stuff on teams going out of business or that are so high budgeted that they sell alot of used good parts.. as far as getting good deals outside of the sport the best place I found to keep an eye on is... http://www.jayski.com/links/raceparts.htm just keep an eye on there and you might find some good deals

Back