8.8 YJ brakes

awake

i've searched several sites and all over the internet preparing to swap an 8.8 into my 90 yj. the only questionable part of the swap seems to be setting up the brakes. i've read lots of articles, but most of them deal with axles that still have the brakes lines intact.

all of the rubber lines on mine (to the frame and to each caliper) have been cut. would it make sense to buy 2 passenger side brake lines to run from the steel line (on the housing) to the calipers and then cut the steel line in the middle to attach to my existing frame-to-axle line. if i do that, how do i go about inserting prop. valve?

i know pictures would be helpful, but my camera isn't working.

thanks

parker

You will need a new stainless line to come from the frame down if you are keeping the breather hole in the 8.8 in the same spot. If you already have an aftermarket SS line that wil be fine, you need some additional length on the line.

Get 2 passenger rear lines and hook them up to the caliphers. Make tabs and bolt to the axle tube.

Run new hard lines to the replacement SS line that comes from the frame down to the axle.

Bleed em out and go.

I keep all the parts in stock, let me know if I can help you out.

Andy

Back