78 f250 superduty spring swap

Junkyard Dog

Anyone actually done it? Before and after results? I've got a set of springs and looking on some other forums it doesn't seem all that hard but haven't really found anyone comparing before and after. Not really looking to lift the truck much maybe 1-1.5". But the plan is a cummins swap and I believe the newer diesel spring will handle the weight better.

Here's a picture of the junker in question.

Attachments

• 20200524_104101.jpg
    20200524_104101.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 152
Sky Offroad makes the front crossmember and shackles to allow an easy swap (I believe they do)

It will ride much better with shackles to the rear and longer springs.

Sky Offroad makes the front crossmember and shackles to allow an easy swap (I believe they do)

It will ride much better with shackles to the rear and longer springs.
From what I understand, there is no need to replace the front spring hangers , it already has shackle in rear. Everyone is saying just a longer shackle in rear and drill out the front hanger for the superduty sized bolt.

From what I understand, there is no need to replace the front spring hangers , it already has shackle in rear. Everyone is saying just a longer shackle in rear and drill out the front hanger for the superduty sized bolt.
I’ve never messed with a 79 and older in this stuff but the 97 older OBS trucks the spring is a good bit shorter than a SD spring.

Keep this updated, I’m curious.

The above thread certainly makes it sound like it really doesn’t do anything for you.

Adding longer shackles and even hanger seem to be where the lift comes from 🤷

The above thread certainly makes it sound like it really doesn’t do anything for you.

Adding longer shackles and even hanger seem to be where the lift comes from 🤷

Part of the equation is what "code" spring you run. U,v,x. All have different spring rates and heights. Ive got a set of "U" springs( 02 f250 diesel). Part of the reason for this is a 4bt swap is planned for the future. Need a little higher spring rate the wore out 78 model springs

Back