73-79 ford chassis swap

Short answer is no...Longer answer is if you have the time, money and know how, anything is possible. I've personally seen a 78 CC body thrown on a 96 CC chassis, and it looked good. But it took about 6 months of fabbing for fit and finish.

^ Anything will swap with enough time and/or money, but it's often much easier to upgrade the early chassis. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

^ Anything will swap with enough time and/or money, but it's often much easier to upgrade the early chassis. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

ive got a 73 f-100 body thats like new and im trying to drop it on a 4x4 chassis. but everyone i find is a 6 hour drive away or the person is asking way to much if all im using is the chassis. but i can find newer model all over the damn place that have been junked for one reason or another

http://eastnc.craigslist.org/pts/1908158033.html Three 78 models in one deal, all 4x4, 2 are shortbeds, would be cake to get $2000 to this guy and sell off the two you don't use for $800-1500 each and recoup the money, or part out (tons of people looking for 6' beds in any condition that's usable, as well as complete front suspensions for 80-96 sfa conversions)

On a side note, if you know anybody with a good rust free(ish) drivers side door I need one for my '78.

On a side note, if you know anybody with a good rust free(ish) drivers side door I need one for my '78.

I dunno what it is, but I try to collect dentside body parts, and good doors are becoming scarce, all the doors I find have rusted out inner bottom lips...and I absolutely hate trying to reskin that section.

Do you need a chassis for a swb or lwb truck? I may have found a good deal that could help us both...

I dunno what it is, but I try to collect dentside body parts, and good doors are becoming scarce, all the doors I find have rusted out inner bottom lips...and I absolutely hate trying to reskin that section.

My passenger door had to have a little repair, as did the passenger cab corner, but the drivers side door looks like someone sanded the paint off it, left it on the beach for a month, beat it over the nearest fire hydrant, then filled it with bondo and painted it.

I can get you a whole 3/4 ton '75 model for $800, big block, axles, all of it. All except the factory A/C system that I will be pirating from it for my truck within the next few days. The 390 is fresh, supposedly runs good but has sat for a couple years so I can't guarantee, would be a good one to sell off though. Can't remember if it was a manual or an auto, but it has the D44 8 lug front, and the D60 rear, leaf sprung at both ends. The body is pretty much trash, may have a few good trim and glass pieces that could be sold off to recoup some coin off of.

I can get you a whole 3/4 ton '75 model for $800, big block, axles, all of it. All except the factory A/C system that I will be pirating from it for my truck within the next few days. The 390 is fresh, supposedly runs good but has sat for a couple years so I can't guarantee, would be a good one to sell off though. Can't remember if it was a manual or an auto, but it has the D44 8 lug front, and the D60 rear, leaf sprung at both ends. The body is pretty much trash, may have a few good trim and glass pieces that could be sold off to recoup some coin off of.
pm you

Back