6L Powerstroke peeps.

1-tonmudder

Doin my part to stir the pot.
For anybody that has a 6L Powerstroke or runs a shop.I dont know what the deal is but I just bought a new alt and starter from Advance for about $50.
Screenshot (38).png

Screenshot (39).png

Buy 50 of em and resell on eBay.

I just replaced my alternator last year but on the factory starter but was going to get a 6.4 one when I needed but I might just buy these now instead!

Edit. Alternator now show 300 but starter is still cheap
They said the 6.7 starters were $40

Wonder if they are doing it to a lot of parts. They are struggling, selling off some of their other brands now. Like auto part international and worldpac.

I’m thinking about iit
I thought about it too, but the cheapest ones on eBay are $80, so at $35/ea, after fees and shipping, margin is only $20-30/ea. Not worth it.

They said the 6.7 starters were $40

The 6.4 and 6.7 new starters are erroring out when trying to add them to the cart, and they are cheaper than the remans.

but just bought a 6.4L reman for 27 bucks (+core), I'll give it a shot

Attachments

• 1705262525876.png
    1705262525876.png
    228.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I thought about it too, but the cheapest ones on eBay are $80, so at $35/ea, after fees and shipping, margin is only $20-30/ea. Not worth it.
The starters are the pro series starters and list for $275 but I know folks are almost always gonna go the cheapest way out.

The 6.4 and 6.7 new starters are erroring out when trying to add them to the cart, and they are cheaper than the remans.

but just bought a 6.4L reman for 27 bucks (+core), I'll give it a shot
I done ship to home on 4 starters and it canceled about an hour later even after I paid but the four alternators seem to be being processed

Got this one picked up in store
Yeah I got all I had bought using in store pick up. Still have four alternators ordered. Doubt I’ll get em.

I went to our local store they said they don't have the order i placed and their gm called and told them not to sell any at that price.

I went to our local store they said they don't have the order i placed and their gm called and told them not to sell any at that price.
Yeah the one closest to me canceled my order from last night but the one on the other side of town had em ready when I got there.

Yeah I got all I had bought using in store pick up. Still have four alternators ordered. Doubt I’ll get em.
I got an email saying the alternators have been shipped but no movement yet.UPS was off today so I assume thats why.

Back