6.7 Ford custom tuning

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs and Trailers' started by Van-go, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Van-go

Van-go Not an old man

So after I deleted my 6.7, the stock turbo couldn’t handle it.
    Ordered a new turbo from MPD today.
    The guy told me a need to get custom tunes for the aftermarket turbo. Is this correct?
    If I need to get custom tunes, where do I get them and how do I install them.

I have an H&S mini max tuner with some tunes that came on it. Can I just use these?

Just wondering if anyone has been through this before and could help.

I’m not used to these fancy trucks...

2. Chris_Keziah

Chris_Keziah Joe Dirt

With me knowing literally nothing about it other than what I seen from casual YouTube surfing, I'd call the guys at SPE. Since you already ordered through MPD I'd call them first though.

3. cgm147

cgm147 Well-Known Member

Also check out PPEI they have some great products, I'm running Corrys tunes and they do great and are clean, only smokes a little under hard acceleration.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

4. cgm147

cgm147 Well-Known Member

To my knowledge the H&S has no support as the company went under years ago, I ordered a package deal and ended up trading the h&s tuner in on the ppei tuner, I dealt with Rudy's diesel out of Burlington nc on that.

5. 77GreenMachine

77GreenMachine Phillip Talton

I wonder if the H&S has the capability to hold other tunes? If so you could send it to someone and they put a custom tune in it. Even easier if they can email it and you put it on the handheld yourself.

6. Croatan_Kid

Croatan_Kid How's your hammer hangin'?

I didn't think Kory Willis was tuning any more after he got in trouble with the EPA...

7. jeepinmatt

jeepinmatt Still Fat

Your H&S minimaxx can do custom tunes. I bought one preloaded with DPF/EGR delete custom tunes from Rudy's back in 2017. Amazingly (sarcasm) there is still a seemingly infinite supply of new ones on eBay. Mine was Gearhead performance, but there are a ton of others out there.

cgm147 and Van-go like this.
  8. cgm147

cgm147 Well-Known Member

They are running wide open to my knowledge, last spring was the last time I got an updated tune for tire size, and they are currently working on the 2020 duramax stuff.

9. cgm147

cgm147 Well-Known Member

Once I got the one I ordered and reading about the current situation with the company, I shied away from it and dropped another 600 to upgrade tuners and to get the 5 position switch.

10. Loganwayne

Loganwayne #BTL

You don’t have to have it, but you won’t be as fuel efficient and probably smoke a lot.

My 6.4 truck had a cam put in and I bought it before the PO had it retuned after a couple months I got the tunes updated and I had increased power and reduced fuel consumption, compared to previous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. orange150

orange150 Well-Known Member

He was interviewed on The Truck Show podcast a few months ago. Sounded like he was doing well

cgm147 likes this.