5/13-15/11 Spring Open Invite at The Flats

toymaker

ROCK CORPS 4X4
Ok folks it's that time again. Rock Corps welcomes everyone back to the flats for our spring invite. May 13,14, and 15. Gates will open Friday at 11:00 a.m. and close Sunday 6:00p.m.

Prices at gate will be $10 per vehicle and $10 per person. Spectators will be $8 and under the age of 15 is free. Primitive camping, food will be available on Saturday (hamburgers, hotdogs, and barbeque). Drinks and snacks will be for sale all weekend. We have made some new trails and changed some of the old ones up. We look forward to seeing everyone again. I hope everyone can come and have a good time wheeling!!!!!

Thanks Rodney Padgett aka Toymaker on the board. Rodney Padgett 442-0270 hotrodd83@yahoo.com., Jason Floyd 442-7932 or pm us on the board if any questions.:driver:

The ECORS race is going to be on March 12th weekend at The Flats.
You will be able to camp Friday and Saturday nights if you choose.As far as I know there are no races in May for ECORS.

Bring Campers
Bring tents
Stay at one of the local motels
bring bug spray(yeah, they'll be out by this time)
Bring chap stick, it gets windy sometimes
Bring a camera, may Kodak moments, don't miss em
Bring your cooler, but please, no alcohol
Bring your cook stove, or eat out at one of the local restaurants Lunch provided for Saturday, not sure yet about breakfast or dinner though
Bring your Generator if you want power
Bring your water
Port-a-pottys will be provided as always
Wear your club shirts, we wanna know who is represented!
Bring your sunscreen, it gets bright at The Flats
Bring your kids
Bring your wife
Bring your Girl Friend(If it's Ok'ed by your wife! LOL)
Been working on a sale or a trade? Meet up on this weekend and get or deliver that item!

Bottom line, be there! Moneys raised go back into the community and the property to make it better each time you visit.

want a camp fire, bring a fire ring or carry some rocks, but please, put them back after finished with them.

Play a Guitar? Banjo, Fiddle, wash board? String Bass, bring it, have a jam session around the fire.

I'm there! I always have a blast wheeling at the Flats.

forgive my ignorance but Where are the flats?
I quickly looked on nc4x4, couldn't find, but I knew its currently on ECORS.com...
Directions to The Flats in Marion, NC:
Traveling East on I-40 from Asheville, take exit 85. At the top of the ramp, take a left. The park will be about 1/4 mile down on the left
Traveling West on I-40 from Hickory, take exit 85. At the top of the ramp, take a right. The park will be about 1/8 mile down on the left.
Its easy, you'll see it from I-40 coming from the east.

I should be home from afghan land by then and have been wanting to go to the flats, heard alot about the place cant wait!!

what are the minimum vehicle requirements to ride there? How much land or length of trails? If I go,it's a long drive for me...

We have 68 acres that is pretty much filled with short trails and lots of obstacles.There is wheeling there for all kinds of rigs,mild to wild.The only rules we have on vehicles is each vehicle must have seat belts and must be worn at all times.You must have a fire extinguisher and no open exhaust like straight headers.We are roughly 3.5 hrs west of Raleigh on I-40.

hey loganstoy hows the yoter doin??Sure looks good man!

Back