4wheelparts.com SCAM!?!?!?!?

Tetanus

IF YOU ORDER ANYTHING FROM 4 WHEEL PARTS ONLINE....(www.4wheelparts.com)

I ordered a WARN receiver shackle bracket Part No. WAR 29312 from 4 Wheel Parts online, and they sent me a cheap imitation part made by "Genuine Steel". When I ordered the WARN part, I even paid $11 more (the warn price) than what they had their cheap brand receiver shackle bracket listed for, just to get the WARN one. After calling them back, they claim that the WARN part is discontinued, so they substituted theirs...without a price difference refund of any kind or explanation.

I then called WARN directly and was informed that this part is NOT DISCONTINUED and is a very popularly stocked item. So the guy at 4 wheel parts customer service LIED intentionally. Warn wasn't real happy with knowing that companies are sending out parts other than their own when a WARN part was ordered.

I called 4 wheel parts again, and demanded a refund or the right part, and they said they would send me out the right part. We'll see about that. I will contact the Better Business Bureau if I don't receive it. I just wanted to warn everyone of this possible scam as I know it has happened to other members of our club!

RDDC said:
Man, I just ordered a tow strap for them they had on special. I will be checking my invoice - thanks for the tip.

Craig,
Crap!..... and thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered one of those "cheap" 2"x30'x20,000lb rating tow straps yesterday for a spare. We'll see what comes.

I ordered the 3" x 30' Pro-crap strap they had for that realy cheap price a while back, and got exactly that. I noticed on this $20 deal, there's no brand name, so beware what you get.

But, whenever you deal with customer service, you'll always find those who cannot stand not having the answer for you right now, correct or not. I see it here at work all the time with our level 1 folks.

When asking a very specific, pointed question, I always make a point to say "I can hold if you'd like while you find out".. Seems to work well.

But, I'm very surprised they didn't credit you for the price difference. That would be unacceptable in my book.

same thing happened to me as Rich... as well as many others on the board. You will not find a lot of members that still deal with 4wpw. Anyway my whole situation was solved when I emailed Greg Adler, the president. He was actually very honest and apologetic and did what he said. You may want to try that...he is the only person I have ever liked when dealing with 4wpw.

I refuse to order anything that is important to me from 4WP. It seems like they always do the bait and switch. I did order 2 straps from them the other day because I really kicked myself for not ordering the last time it came up. Buying a tow strap from them doesn't worry me, it is just everything else I won't purchase from them.

If it aint on the shelf in their store in Charlotte I dont buy from them period. There aint wenough room on this board me to get started on thier sorry asses. The screwed me over badly. I had to force them to make it right. In the end I got it my way but it was a hassle. I had rather deal with some of the other local shops who know Jeeps even if it does cost a little more.

i have not had a problem with them yet. but i have never ordered anything online. i have heard some pretty bad stories though. (joel- wheels and tires) :(

Back