4.0L tj ebay turbo kit

I have a 258 crank and rods and a couple spare 4.0's. I've dreamed of building a stroker but the only engine work I have ever done is head gasket. I also don't have a clean shop!

Don’t be intimidated, i managed to get mine together as an idiot college student, anyone can.

Micrometer plastigauge and torquewrench is about all you need.

I’ll find the link to book with all torque specs and post it later

If you have a set of bore brushes, they're good to have. You can borrow a set from somebody (maybe even AutoZone??) if needed.

I have a 258 crank and rods and a couple spare 4.0's. I've dreamed of building a stroker but the only engine work I have ever done is head gasket. I also don't have a clean shop!
if you go down this rout make sure you use a push rod length checking tool. also, if you go with roller rockers make sure you get a spacer for the valve cover.

1713300874275.png

Last edited:
Useful info incoming... I pulled a turbo kit off my 4.0 dailyish tj late last year. The 4.0 runs lean so because of this you can only run a couple of psi before major issues with longevity. To do it right, youre looking at head studs, mustang injectors, basically dyno tuning cause nobody actually knows what the tune needs to be, a real wide band gauge, and converting to honda or srt4 map sensor. Plus all the turbo stuff. If you dont go with some ebay knockoff wutang shitbox turbo, id say itll be in the 3k-4k range all said and done. 10 out of 10 not worth it because LS's are a thing.

But if you want to dive into it, Id let the turbo and whatever else I have go for cheaper than it costs to take my buddies fat sister to waffle house and drive in theater for the rerelease of shrek 2.

Useful info incoming... I pulled a turbo kit off my 4.0 dailyish tj late last year. The 4.0 runs lean so because of this you can only run a couple of psi before major issues with longevity. To do it right, youre looking at head studs, mustang injectors, basically dyno tuning cause nobody actually knows what the tune needs to be, a real wide band gauge, and converting to honda or srt4 map sensor. Plus all the turbo stuff. If you dont go with some ebay knockoff wutang shitbox turbo, id say itll be in the 3k-4k range all said and done. 10 out of 10 not worth it because LS's are a thing.

But if you want to dive into it, Id let the turbo and whatever else I have go for cheaper than it costs to take my buddies fat sister to waffle house and drive in theater for the rerelease of shrek 2.
Noted

I've seen the sister.
Would smash.

This thread has me collecting parts to stroker my 4.0
I promise you it’s worth it. Haters gonna hate, but it’s pretty dang great!

Back