'37 Ford roll cage

MarsFab

Will work for money
Customer brought this thing in today. I'll be doing a simple 1.5" dom cage in it. Gotta cut through the firewall and the back of the cab. :eek: Ask me how bad I'm looking forward to that. The interior is all high end leather and there is no room for tube anywhere. I got my work cut out for me! Gonna try to get it done by the end of next week so keep an eye out for updates.

m_'37 ford roll cage 009.jpg

m_'37 ford roll cage 010.jpg

m_'37 ford roll cage 011.jpg

m_'37 ford roll cage 012.jpg

Looks like the blower would be enuff to keep him off his roof!
I bet he just loves to polish aluminum...Geeeeze:shaking:

I guess the cage was an after thought to the build? Couldn't talk him into an exo? :D

Holy Chit !!! ...might wanna add Wheelie Bars to the list...that is one BAD Mother Trucker!!

Wow......blown 565, last time I rode in one like that was a 56' Ford with a 565 and that thing was stretched and full bodied it would be crazy scary to ride in that lil thing lol! looks like you have a job on your hands!!

check out the rest of the car club, search TachTwisters car club on the net. there are about 4 or 5 cars that all that the huge stacked blowers. don't forget the little blue bottle that is peaking out from under the bed rail. looks awesome but with that short of wheelbase you coundn't get it to hook with a tanker truck full of superglue. are you doing just a bar or a halo cage???

Well scrap that idea. I spent two days going over this thing trying to figure out how I'd do the cage in it. We decided we'd have to go with 1.5" tubing because of space, or lack there of lol. The owner wanted to come out the firewall beside the headers with tube and go down to the top of the frame rail. He also wanted to come out the back of the cab and down through the bed floor to the framerail with removable tubes so the bed could still come off. Basically I'd spend an hour trying to figure out how to run one tube only to come to the next and run into another major problem. There's just no room in the cab for it to work and actually be safe. Sorry guys I know some of you were looking forward to seeing this one but it just couldn't happen, not by me anyways.

That's understandable. A cage should have been thought of before the build, not after.

Back