3.4 swap in v6 trooper

JimEvans316

Hey guys, I just have a few questions if anyone can help. I am a toyota technician in uncharted waters here.

I know the 3.4 has to come out of a 93-95 camaro, but does it have to be a manual trans car?

Which vehicle has the 4.3 throttle body I need? I heard it was an old astro van?

do you use the trooper heads, or just the intake?

can you put a prom out of a blazer with a 4.3 into a 2.8 computer?

also if anyone has any other advice please feel free to vent. Thanks guys:smokin:

jim, it's really a pretty easy swap. your trooper had a 3.4 in it at one time, i pulled it out and put it in the one paul has now:flipoff2:

all you need is the intake from the 2.8, keep the 3.4 heads. you can get a 4.3tb off any truck/van motor. you can also use just the injectors on the 2.8tb, i *think* they have the same bore. the 3.4 in paul's trooper has a 305 tb on it, and runs a bit rich especially at idle. just leave your computer alone... the stock one will run everything just fine.

you'll also have to switch the starter to the other side, but there is a template over on 4x4wire.com you can use to get the holes drilled/tapped in the right location.

any other questions, just ask.

yeah she runs a little rich. do you know if the 305 tbi is running the injectors that came in it? maybe if i switched to 4.3 injectors is would do better?

yep, it's got the 305 injectors. we had planned to swap them out, but never got around to it.

Back