3.0 yota fueling issue

superpile

Probably running in circles
I am running a motobilt tank and I’m running an external in line high pressure fuel pump. I keep getting whiffs of raw gas running from the exhaust. Should I put a adjustable fuel regulator on it to prevent over fueling Causing the to much fuel and the resulting smell? It runs fine but tries to stall after it warms up at idle. Smells rich when it starts up after it stalls. Figure I’ll bump up the idle to maybe fix the stall if needed but wanted some guidance on the fueling first. It is full hydro also for clarity but until it warms up it doesn’t have any stall issues. For additional info I rolled it and the tank pressurized while on the side flopping around. Guessing the roll over sealed it but the return line created a weird pressure build up maybe? Anyways suggestions?

Do you still have the OEM regulator on the rail or is that vintage Toyota have the regulator built into the pump assembly?
You need to regulate pressure regardless, either OEM or aftermarket.

Do you still have the OEM regulator on the rail or is that vintage Toyota have the regulator built into the pump assembly?
You need to regulate pressure regardless, either OEM or aftermarket.
It has a rail mounted factory regulator that Could be classic status for sure. Best to pull it and mount the adjustable unit there or back near the pump maybe if the threads are wonky? How close is your ranger to ride ready we need to make a trip!

Back