2023 Hot Rod Power Tour

Lurch830

messin' with sasquatch
In case people haven't heard that its coming through the Carolinas this year. Going to be at the following locations from 12-6pm:

2023 HOT ROD Power Tour Event Locations​

• Day 1: Monday, June 12 - Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Georgia
  • Day 2: Tuesday, June 13 - South Carolina State Fairgrounds, Columbia, South Carolina
  • Day 3: Wednesday, June 14 - Rockingham Speedway, Rockingham, North Carolina
  • Day 4: Thursday, June 15 - zMAX Dragway, Concord, North Carolina
  • Day 5: Friday, June 16 - Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tennessee

Hate I’m missing this year. My partner in crime can’t go

Hate I won’t be able to make it. Such a nice tour for folks in this area. Kind of a short one. Wish they utilized the weekend on them

I’ll be at Rockingham for sure cause it’s only 15 minutes from the house! Hit me up if anyone ventured down this way!!

Just a looky-loo though cause I’m a poor and have no hotrod.

Pretty cool coming right through town!

I normally go to the office in Hartsville on Tuesday. Might have to see if the wife wants to go to lunch in Columbia instead.

What does it do?

It’s a week long road trip with a giant car show at each stop each day.
What if you just have a regular sized car? Can you still enter it in the giant car show? :laughing:

I'm surprised there's not an autocross or something at the fairgrounds. I did see something about a mobile dyno.
Each venue usually does something...the drag strips will have open rack days for registered PT participants...mobile dyno, at Bristol in '19 they let you hotlap the track, etc

Each venue usually does something...the drag strips will have open rack days for registered PT participants...mobile dyno, at Bristol in '19 they let you hotlap the track, etc
Yeah, Atlanta had track tickets, Charlotte has the drag strip. I was just saying there doesn't appear to be anything but a car show (for normal, small, and giant cars, have to be all inclusive you know) at the SC Fairgrounds stop.

Huge parking lots you'd think they could set up some cones.

Yeah, Atlanta had track tickets, Charlotte has the drag strip. I was just saying there doesn't appear to be anything but a car show (for normal, small, and giant cars, have to be all inclusive you know) at the SC Fairgrounds stop.

Huge parking lots you'd think they could set up some cones.
Its HotRod magazine. Caters much more to classic cars and dragging than autocross crowd....plus insurance req's etc.
Its bad enough on the drag strip with the "stated times" and safety reqs...

Just a FYI Im only an hour from Bristol so if anybody needs a place to park something or help give me a holler.423-329-6277.

Just a FYI Im only an hour from Bristol so if anybody needs a place to park something or help give me a holler.423-329-6277.
You helped me find a locksmith last time if you remember....after junior snapped my onyl key off in the ignition

We had limited time between swim lessons and ball practice, but got to the fairgrounds for a few hours with my dad and son. Probably only saw half the cars.

20230613_140950.jpg

20230613_140850.jpg

20230613_140305.jpg

This thing was cool. Truck LS with a huge turbo, Chrysler 300 seats. Looked comfy. And they gave away hot wheels.
20230613_150401.jpg

2002 Denali in Impala clothing.
20230613_143016.jpg

20230613_143009.jpg

20230613_143252.jpg

20230613_143026.jpg

Pt cruiser with a hemi and explorer 8.8 rear.
20230613_150917.jpg

Saw a bunch of the cars coming through Sumter SC this morning en route to The Rock. Awesome cars. However the group of drivers I encountered were a bunch of blue hair shitbirds cutting off multiple lanes of traffic just to be able to pull into a gas station together.

Saw a bunch of the cars coming through Sumter SC this morning en route to The Rock. Awesome cars. However the group of drivers I encountered were a bunch of blue hair shitbirds cutting off multiple lanes of traffic just to be able to pull into a gas station together.
No different then when 50 JKs and JLs with dashes full of ducks go to Hurricane Creek...

I'm over here wondering two things. Why go to Sumter, SC from Columbia if you going to Rockingham...? Two. Why are you in Sumter, SC. Literally 20 min or less from the house. If you are there for any length of time go hit up Willy Sue's.

Back