2016 Silverado 6l80 transmission repair/replace

buellconvert

I've got a 2016 Silverado with the 6l80 transmission and unfortunately these have a well-known issue with the torque converter failing and basically ruining the transmission, well I have apparently fallen victim to this. Does anyone suggest a reputable and experienced transmission repair that's familiar with these? I've been doing my research and it appears there are certain things that can be done to strengthen and improve some of the known issues and I want to get this thing fixed right the 1st time. It's only got 73,000 miles and I certainly don't want to have to do this again if at all possible! I was quoted $3049 this morning for a "new" transmission from a local shop that's supposed to be good, but it sounded like it's just basically the same as what I have with no upgrades...so can any of ya'll help point me in the right direction, I'd forever be in your debt!

This probably doesn't help you in any way, but this Youtube channel seems to actually know their stuff about transmissions. Not sure if you're going to install yourself or what, but just throwing this out there....

Pretty sure the old man tears down transmissions in his sleep.
I have watched this guy on YouTube and I am blown away by his skills and knowledge...I wish he was closer because I'd definitely be having this expert do it for sure!

Back