2015 cummins rotten egg smell

For clarification, modifying the exhaust system of a NSPS (New Source Performance Standard) engine is a FEDERAL CRIME. Fines are 6 figure for first offense AND jail time.

There is much federal debate right now if light duty diesel pick ups are covered by NSPS regulations.
The EPA recently hired 200 inspectors to start chasing industrial emissions fines for a revenue generation stream, I can promise you 3 NC companies have been fined in the past ~90 days.

I will repeat, as someone who has made their living in the diesel engine world for over a decade and is heavily tuned in to compliance talks, there is NO WAY in hell I'd delete a 2015 vehicle. I might even hesitate to drive a friend's unless he was in the cab with me.....

(For anyone wondering what NSPS means and its relevancy CFR 40 C 63)
Subsection zzzz consumes ~20 hours a week for me in education and compliance verification
Well there you go. I don't have much to do with diesels at the shop where I work. We mostly handle light duty cars and trucks but I remember from inspection classes 15 years ago it was a $20,000 fine for tampering with emissions on a gas engine i.e. removing a converter if they wanted to come after you.

I'm still waiting on ram to be sued for an accident from the dead pedal the def trucks have. I test drove one and it was retarded how long it took to get out of its own way when taking off. Almost like it cuts off for a second or so. Could be real bad in a blind curve situation.

I'm still waiting on ram to be sued for an accident from the dead pedal the def trucks have. I test drove one and it was retarded how long it took to get out of its own way when taking off. Almost like it cuts off for a second or so. Could be real bad in a blind curve situation.

Yea mines done it a few times it's a scary thing when ur turning left and traffic is coming. It only does it if give it fuel then let off and back down its take a couple seconds

I wanna delete my truck, not really worried about warranty. But I feel diesel will have to have emissions test before to long the way epa has been cracking down on diesels

Back