2011 Season Trail Pass Available NOW!

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
Its true. You can purchase your trail passes for 2011, making great last minute Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers. I know the Eldorado Outpost all ready has them in, and I am sure the other locations such as the Mountain Market also have theirs in.

A side note to those that like to keep their Trail Passes for memorabilia/collections. I know you guys are out there, I see plenty of rigs with a quarter of their window covered in season passes. Last year they didn't print a protective covering on the passes, so if you didn't get it laminated its probably allready fading to nothing. This year they seem to have a gloss finish, but it is still reccomended to get it laminated. If you don't have access to a laminator it is $1.08 at Staples or somewhere similar.

1219101235.jpg

(If you have a 2010 pass and a 2011 pass you will notice a christmas color theme going :lol: )

I remember we had this discussion at the Outpost, and all we had to do was ask (but I guess we didn't think that far into it). Anyway still not 100% but here is the link to the PROPOSED fees:

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/press/fee_increases_proposed_uwh_5.28.10.pdf

For those not in the link clicking mood:

2011-
Yearly Pass - $45
Daily Pass - $7

2013-
Yearly Pass - $60
Daily Pass -$10

I remember we had this discussion at the Outpost, and all we had to do was ask (but I guess we didn't think that far into it). Anyway still not 100% but here is the link to the PROPOSED fees:
http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/press/fee_increases_proposed_uwh_5.28.10.pdf
For those not in the link clicking mood:
2011-
Yearly Pass - $40
Daily Pass - $7
2012-
Yearly Pass - $50
Daily Pass -$10

Unless I misread your link it looked like $45 this year and $60 in 2013.I don't mind paying it one bit,I love URE.I was just clarifying.

Unless I misread your link it looked like $45 this year and $60 in 2013.I don't mind paying it one bit,I love URE.I was just clarifying.

You are right, my mistake. I edited my post to reflect the correct prices.

Where can you buy a season pass?

The easiest places to pick them up are from the Eldorado Outpost or the Mountain Market. You can also stop by the Forest Service office to buy them.

Can you pay over the phone and have it mailed
The mountain market was doing something similar to this the year before last. I don't know if they are doing it again. Because the money for the passes is supposed to be CASH ONLY. So I don't know exactly how they would work that.

Do you just get just the front laminated or do you do the entire decal (front and back)? It has to be "applied" to the vehicle to be valid right?

When I take my season pass to staples they just laminate the entire thing/both sides. It comes out in a full size sheet of paper of laminate with the little pass in the corner, all for a little over a dollar.

As far as applying the pass to the vehicle, I just tape my laminated pass from the inside of my vehicle to the corner of my windshield. The 0001 and 0002 season passes (ones I don't have) actually get laminated and have hooks attached, so they can be hung from the rear view mirror. Right now the Forest Service isn't too picky about the season passes, as long as they are attached some how and visible.

Now ATV/Dirtbikes this might be an issue, because there aren't a lot of places to "tape" a pass to. The pass could fall off, get stolen (yeah we have had people steal season passes), etc. Unless you knew of a place that could just laminate the front of the pass and then stick it on there like normal.

Back