2002 eclipse problems

49erRider

Alright so its not 4x4 but we all have a daily driver so wondering if anyone can help. Its my gf's 2002 eclipse rs. Its at about 70000 miles and up until now its been fine. It has a manual transmission and just recently when shifting through the gears after releasing the clutch it will continue to "idle" or act likes its in nuetral for a two seconds or so. And the problems not that we don't know how to shift through the gears. Also this usually only happens on the first three. If more info is needed let me know, but any answers would be great.

i don't really understand, when you shift into a gear and then release the clutch to make it engage does it "act like in neutral"? The clutch is probably gone and slipping when you engage, so get a new clutch

and you can't do it in your driveway because you have to pull the trans out which sucks to do on a lift and you need a cradle support to hold the engine in so it doesn't fall out on the ground. take it to a real transmision shop

Brendan

Is the clutch linkage a cable? If so I would check to see if the cable is sticking of starting to fray at the ends. If its sticking try lubeing it. If its not the linkage than most likley the clutch is about gone.

Sam(slim)

Back