2000 Dodge instrament panel quit

amcjeepman

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
I have a 2K Dodge cummins diesel. The Gauges quit working this after noon, they were fine this morning. The idiot lights, (low fuel, check engine, abs) come on. Truck runs fine.
Any suggstions/directions?
Thanks,

ALL the guages, or just some? the vss in the rear axle is a common failure on 98+ trucks, but should only be losing the speedo and the abs/brake lights will be illuminated.

Fuses are ok, all needle indicated gauges (gas, oil pressure, tach, speedo, ect.) do not work. This then causes the low fuel light, abs idiicator and a couple lights to come on.

You check the fuses inside the cab and under the hood? I screwed up on a 12 valve I had and bought parts I didn't need because I forgot there were two fuse boxes on these.

James,

D-max's are notorious for the same type of problem and no fuses are blown.

I could my cluster fuse out for about 10 seconds, pop it back in and it would be fixed but I guess you have already done that if you know the fuses aren't blown?

As the problem is affecting all the gauges, and all of them have different input sources, I believe I would be suspecting a common grounding problem. Just a thought. :popcorn:

Is the radio working? If not could be the body control module. ( i think that's the proper name). If the radio is working its more than likely a ground problem.

Back