20' Wood deck vs. 16' Steel deck

If you plate the tongue area, you could sneak the SxS forward a couple feet, and also the jeep wouldn't be so far back.

Ordered the trailer today, decided to go with a 24' and to quit trying to squeeze 10lbs of jeep into a 5lb bag.

Question: any advantage of doing a solid deck vs a dove tail? Will the dove tail hinder towing two vehicles?

With my 24, (20 flat and 4 dove-flat option)), I used to pull my yj (chip's now) and my buddy jason's cj5, the dove actually helped, kept his stinger out of my tailgate. With my buggy and cj5, no issues either way.

uploadfromtaptalk1371696141402.jpg

Total weight of dually, buggy, cj, trailer, gear, 21, 500#.

Both the buggy and 5 are sub 4100# each with drivers.

sent from a fancy Samsung Note 2 with an illiterate operator. ..

to play devil's advocate on this one, with the weight on trailer and rig combined you're right on(or over) the edge for a h3's tow capacity, throw in it's moderately short wheelbase(111") and it may make for some uneasy moments at highway speeds or when you put the brakes on, you can probably do it, but i'm staying clear...

to play devil's advocate on this one, with the weight on trailer and rig combined you're right on(or over) the edge for a h3's tow capacity, throw in it's moderately short wheelbase(111") and it may make for some uneasy moments at highway speeds or when you put the brakes on, you can probably do it, but i'm staying clear...

He just bought a Toyota Tundra to tow with so it wont be an issue. ;)

Back