2 stroke oil in Diesel fuel

I did it for a few tanks on my CTD with over 300k on it. Didn't notice much other than some questionable MPG increase (could have been many other things though)

No drawbacks I could think of. -Tim

I've mixed 2 cycle oil with another diesel additive to replace the lubricity lost with the ULSD now sold at pumps. I don't add anything when running B20.

I wouldn't run it if mine were a newer truck with a DPF.

Diesel Particulate Filter

ATF works well too, we fill all the fuel filters with it when we change them.
I think GM has a TSB out on that, i think if not done regulary ATF can also disrupt particle and clogue injectors, however instead of ATF GM has gone to a BG product to fill fuel filters which i believe is overpriced synhthetic ATF go figure maybe they are just trying to explain there shitty bosch injectors. I always use ATF when I do a filter change, and did in my mercedes diesel maintence tech days, never have had any problems.

run marvel mystery oil, I noticed a quieter injector pump and better mpg on my old 24 valve, I even run it o my 07 cummins(non DPF) to help with the ULSD.

I run 1oz per gallon of 2 stroke in my CTD plus 16oz of diesel Kleen in the gray bottle. Helps alot with lubing up the VP, my truck has 250K miles and running strong :popcorn:

Since nobody mentioned Arlen Spicers "Additive Lubricity Testing"... good info

HFRRtesting.jpg

OK apparently marvel mystery oil hurts, man it sure mad my pupm run quieter, oh well

Well that just reinforces my desire to run B20. Too bad it's not in Cary any more, but south Durham county is not too far.

Well that just reinforces my desire to run B20. Too bad it's not in Cary any more, but south Durham county is not too far.
who has b20 in greensboro , asheboro, or high point ?

Cant afford the local B20 at $3.99 a gallon so i decided on the 2 stroke trial. 1 oz per 1 gallon of TCW-3, Wally World Superbrand $1.59 I think.

My HPOP is LOUD , damn LOUD. Probaly on the way out but WTF lets try it. Within 10 miles it has lost at least 25% of the noise, maybe more. Suprised the hell out of me that is for sure. I would recomend givinig it a shot if you want to quiet yours down.

Cant afford the local B20 at $3.99 a gallon so i decided on the 2 stroke trial. 1 oz per 1 gallon of TCW-3, Wally World Superbrand $1.59 I think.

My HPOP is LOUD , damn LOUD. Probaly on the way out but WTF lets try it. Within 10 miles it has lost at least 25% of the noise, maybe more. Suprised the hell out of me that is for sure. I would recomend givinig it a shot if you want to quiet yours down.

oh course you could mix some WVO in your diesel

Back