1st gear is doesn't shift right?

candt81

01 dodge cummins, auto. first gear only shifts when i let off the throttle a little, other than that it shifts great. but if i stay in it it will stay in first gear, no slipping or anything i dont know if what it could be, its not a trans problem i feel its a sensor problem or volt problem, anyone have any ideas? also can i put a aftermarket blow off valve on the truck? im just wondering on that one?

No blow off valves on a diesel.

So you're saying with the trans that it'll run right up to the governed RPM and won't shift until you let off?

yes something like that, all other gears work find, and it really doesn't bother me that much it been like this for around 2 years, but i was just wondering if any one else has has this problem, 1st gear stays in until u let your foot ease or all the way off the throttle. then it goes in to second gear, i have to say its not to bad when u are pulling a heavy load because i can control the shift. but i was just wondering if anyone knows what it might be.

ya i have no other problems other than 1st gear. but thanks, but i have read that the pressure switch could be it. idk, also does anyone know where i can get a red top battier 1000 cranking amps. for cheap?

Back