10/20/13 anyone going? Want to go and teach a newb?

Headed down Sunday morning for the first ever wheeling trip. So far, there will be my wife and I in my stock first gen ranger on 31's and my captain from the FD in his stock rubi. Anyone else headed down or want to go? Plan is to make a day of it on some beginner trails and go from there

Will be there Saturday but not Sunday myself. Rover 10 is going on this weekend so there should be someone out there to help if you get into issues.

Stay off Daniel ;)

When I first started going to URE, I was on 31s myself, and had a blast out there. Just pick your lines, and don't try and show off, and you should have a fun day.

I'd say stay off any trail that starts with a "D" if you're new, on 31s and going out for the first time.

Thanks for the tips. Forgot to mention earlier that both diffs are open

Make sure and air down your tires, but don't get crazy low, around 15 psi would probably be fine.

Yea the eldorado outpost has an air machine. Its about a half mile or so from the trail head. You'll need to stop there in the morning to get your day passes.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

When you go to the outpost, hang around there for a while and see other people that are heading to the trails, there will always be someone there that you can tag along with. I have met a lot of good guys by either tagging along with their group or having them tag along with mine. Just make sure to tell them you are a first timer so that they can let you know if they are going to hit the harder trails that you may not want to run.

Also, print out the map that is posted on this forum, the one you get at the Outpost is not as detailed.

push the red button on the bottom of the machine. have fun, be safe, and prepare to be addicted.

Free air. You don't have to pay if you hit the red button on the bottom of the machine

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

URE Map 2.gifbadinlaketrailmapapril21.jpg start with Falls Dam and go from there. But you'll have to stay away from Daniel, Dickey Bell and probably Dutch John.
the map they give you at the outpost lacks a lot of info.
these maps are way better (found on this site) I printed both out and laminated them together back-to-back. One has trail and road names the other trail/road numbers, both have good info.
URE Map 2.gif
badinlaketrailmapapril21.jpg

what time are you gonna be there?. I'll be in a orange, lifted 2 door jk with a hi-lift, and strap on the front bumper. gonna try to get there about 9 or 10

If i can get my wife moving early enough we should be there by then, where would you want to meet? Outpost maybe? If so, whats the address there?

Not sure why it's upside down, but this is the truck my wife and I will be wheeling. Planning to stay upright tho lol. Anyone know how to flip the pic? I'm posting from my phone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 475
Had a good time yesterday, met a man from Lejune and rode with him for the afternoon. Definitely will be back next chance we get. Pics to follow if I can swipe my wife's phone lol

Back