09 Titan - pre-wiredfor trailer brakes?

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
My boss has a nice 09 Titan w/ the Pr-4x package.
Also got the towing package w/ it - at least it has a hitch and a connector. AFAIK from reading online, they are 7-pins.
Bein ga 7-pin connector and dealer/factory installed... will it already be wired for trailer brakes too, or should he expect to add a controller for it?

It probably has a connector for the brakes under the dash... maybe even a factory-supplied pigtail. But he's probably still going to have to buy a controller to plug in.

Not sure about Nissan, but all 99+ GM trucks with a factory installed towing package come with 7-pin connections, and a harness with a fuse in a ziploc bag in the glove compartment to wire in a brake controller. (Exception being some of the 07.5+ trucks come with a factory installed brake controller).

It probably has a connector for the brakes under the dash... maybe even a factory-supplied pigtail. But he's probably still going to have to buy a controller to plug in.

Yeah so after soem more Googling, I foudn soem guys that say there's a harness under there to plug into. That suggests it indeed dosn't have any kind of built-in unit.

So w/o the controller, I guess the brake wire in the connector at the hitch is just dead, huh.

Yes, but it does run through the vehicle to the brake plug under the dash, so he doesn't have to wire it all himself.

If it was bought new it should have had a pigtail in the glove box that plugged into the factory harness under the dash and you spliced into whatever brake controller you purchased. If not tell him to go back and make them give him one. My old 05 Titan came with one

Back